New carp Angler any good water to fish in bedfordshire/Luton

Im thinking of joining luton angling club...has a lake in steppingly about 5 minutes from my house in flitwick. Beckerings resevoir...Looks good from the photos and its nice and close. Does anyone have any info about it?

I fished it once, bit of a featureless hole in the ground, all boards to fish from all spaced the same distance apart, you know :roll: (a mixed fishery sort of thing) thats only my oppinion though! you might like it? not my bag.

Cheers chrisa ive looked at that a couple of times before now. I called the guy who runs luton angling club and asked if he could do me a deal. The standard membership cost for the year is £40 but he said he will do it for 20 for the last few months.

Think ill do that and see how i like it down there at beckerings.

Ill let you all know how i get on :D

• 1 year later...

Hi all, bit late to the thread but hey ho.

Ive been planning to go back and fish Beckerings just recently, used to fish it many yrs ago (makes me feel old at 29!) my future brother in law has recently got the pike n lure bug and has been fishing Beckerings a bit. His friend is the baliff at the water.

Seems to fish quite well, but can be open and quite wind swept, I know that the carp often follow a warm wind here. Might have to dust off the gear and give it a go soon.

Im not far away, born and raised in sunny Luton!

Hi all, bit late to the thread but hey ho.

Ive been planning to go back and fish Beckerings just recently, used to fish it many yrs ago (makes me feel old at 29!) my future brother in law has recently got the pike n lure bug and has been fishing Beckerings a bit. His friend is the baliff at the water.

Seems to fish quite well, but can be open and quite wind swept, I know that the carp often follow a warm wind here. Might have to dust off the gear and give it a go soon.

Im not far away, born and raised in sunny Luton!

good water plenty of fish to go at ( down fall the top weights never seem to go up ! ) you will catch a good few close in most baits will work down there . i normaly fish down there till they start pumping water out then i move of to other places .

might not be any fish left in some of there waters but still worth if for beckerings and the canal .

How do you mean mate?

All the fish the otters are taking in the area ,I am hearing of more fish found dead every few days all along the ouse . Yet the club are still talking about if they should put a protective fence around north house . With the stamp of fish in there the fence should have been up last year imho . To be dithering as to what to do about the fence is negligence imho .

And samcfc if you enjoy the syndicate on there good for you not for me , I hope theyve got a good fence around it them ivel otters will make short work of there stock !

Ahh OK, I thought you meant now. And as of yet there have been no otter kills on north house.

But I fully agree that it is crazy to even be thinking about the otter fence. Either pay up and sort it out now, or lose a hell of alot of fish in the near future and half the members.

They are currently talking to a guy that thinks he can help and provide the fencing at a very reasonable price. Lets hope it comes through!