New carp Angler any good water to fish in bedfordshire/Luton

Hi im a total newbie at carp fishing and i was wondering can anyone recommend a water which does fish well at this time of year in the bedfordshire/Luton area. Stanborough lake has died down, had ago at Marsworth Resivoir last Sunday (Jan 13th) but nothing there. Mind you the weather wasn't that great.

Cheers

It's going to be tough this time of year on just about every water in the country, even for experianced anglers.

As for waters near Bedfordshire you could always try Pixies Mere which is just outside Berkhamsted, so not too far from scum town.

Sorry as a Watford fan i can't bring myself to type that town!

www.pixiesmere.co.uk

It is a great looking lake of about 4 acres which is stuffed full of features and it does produce fish during the winter months.

Stock wise it has a very large head of 10+ mirror, commons and ghosties with a good head of 20's to back them up.

Last year it had another 5 fish between 25lb and 30lb stocked.

If you look at the map on the web site then the swims that always seem to produce fish are pegs 14-17 down near the cottage, 35-37 the point swims and my personal favorites specially this time of the year, pegs 25- 27 the deep hole swims.

All in all a very nice lake with some great fish in thats not to hard to winkle the odd fish or two out of at this time of year, providing you put the effort in.

Hope it helps

Thanks for the replies. I had alook on the web and chestnut pool looks ok.

http://www.chestnutpool.co.uk/

They claim its a top 50 spot in angling times. Has anyone fished there?

Also when looking at the lake using google maps i noticed 2 bigger lakes next to it. Did some searches and found that they are all part of Langford Lakes. Has anyone fished any of those lakes?

http://www.langfordlakes.co.uk/coarsefishing/index.htm

Im in flitwick, beds. Nice to know im not the only one in the area! Over the last week found a few people on the forum from the area. Should start thinking about a meet in bedfordshire area :lol:

good idea mate. im from bedford, spend alot of my time fishing sharnbook.

Alright mate, welcome to the site :D If you need any advice or anything you will be sure to get in from the lads on here...

...one bit of advice though, use the search facility to make sure your topic hasnt been brought up before, will save you alot of agro :D

Where in beds are you from?

Alright mate, welcome to the site :D If you need any advice or anything you will be sure to get in from the lads on here...

...one bit of advice though, use the search facility to make sure your topic hasnt been brought up before, will save you alot of agro :D

Where in beds are you from?

i am from luton

[edited to remove text talk]

Hi im a total newbie at carp fishing and i was wondering can anyone recommend a water which does fish well at this time of year in the bedfordshire/Luton area. Stanborough lake has died down, had ago at Marsworth Resivoir last Sunday (Jan 13th) but nothing there. Mind you the weather wasn't that great.

Cheers

hi there i fish on marsworth all the time it is ok but u have to go in the rigth place lol but the canal over there is doing on i am going there next tues so if u r not doing somefink cum over

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers

Hi mate, you could try wobourn sands pit, it's on the vauxhall angling club book, not far from dunstable. :)

Im thinking of joining luton angling club...has a lake in steppingly about 5 minutes from my house in flitwick. Beckerings resevoir...Looks good from the photos and its nice and close. Does anyone have any info about it?

I fished it once, bit of a featureless hole in the ground, all boards to fish from all spaced at the same distance apart, you know! a mixed fishery sort of thing, thats only my oppinion though! you might like it? not my bag.