lenwade

kevinp

cant say i've heard of it mate, i think tom boulton had a lake right next to the bridge. With the connection between boulton and angling direct i guess it could be the same water. If you walk up the left hand side of bridge lake as you see it from the pub i believe boultons old lake is on other side of wire fence. This is only what i've heard over years, dont treat it as gospel.

cant say i've heard of it mate, i think tom boulton had a lake right next to the bridge. With the connection between boulton and angling direct i guess it could be the same water. If you walk up the left hand side of bridge lake as you see it from the pub i believe boultons old lake is on other side of wire fence. This is only what i've heard over years, dont treat it as gospel.

Tom Boulton and John Wilson had adjoining properties (or very close).

the lake behind the bridge lake pub is now owend by a man called mo lake is now called mos lake theres 30 carp from upper 20s to 40s a nice old lake full of pads. 40 members only and theres a few places left i think and yes slim jelly is on there i was put off by the amount of work going on around the lake tractors digging swims out mud every where and the fact that hes digging out 2 more lakes right beside the syndicute one these will b day ticket.300 is the price . in a year or so it will be a nice lake when things have calmed down a bit but with 40 members u might struggle with swims in the summer.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The Bridge Inn has its own lakes which are brilliantly kept by their bailiff. £5 day tickets, £100 season tickets. They have the best stretch of the Wensum River, a huge lake with 37lb carp and two fun ponds. Barbel, best in Norfolk, was caught couple of weeks ago at 14lb 9oz. It was in the Anglers Mail and the EDP. Tom Boulton's lakes are private, syndicate members only and were bought last year by a partnership.

For the Bridge Inn lakes you go and fish and pay when you see the bailiff or when the pub is open.

Food is take away and is great.

Where have you people been that you didn't know all this? The lakes have been there for years, it's not a secret !!

Tom Boulton lakes will never be allowed to be day tickets as Mo doesn't have the facilities that needs, like toilets and running water. If you want his number ask in The Bridge. Membership is £200 for silver and £300 for gold.

There is no new lake in Lenwade. John Wilson's place is absolutely private as is the fishing around the mill.

http://www.lenwadebridgeinn.co.uk/ is the website for the Bridge lakes. You can stay over in their B&B and do night fishing. Bivis only allowed for season ticket holders.

There is gossip of infection in the Common Lakes.

• 2 weeks later...
If you go about a 1000 yard up from the pub. Theres a turning on the right just after the Chippy if my memory serves me. Theres atleast 2 lakes there. They may have built a new one.

I am fairly sure they haven't. there are three lakes down the road beside the chipshop. they are collectively known as the common or charity lakes, because the profit made from sales of tickets goes toward helping the elderly in lenwade toward the cost of heating etc.

There is also a lake down beside the old chapel on the main road..not sure what it's called now, but its now a syndicate lake. about £300 a year i think, with a head of around 30 decent fish. and then of course you have the old railway lakes which used to be run by london anglers. my information suggests it is one of these lakes that has lost lots of fish to the virus.

• 3 weeks later...

i heard that charity/common lakes had an infectio and lost quite afew carp including some of the bigger ones not just heresay heard from a number of good sources, is it true ?

The new lake mentioned used to belong to the taswood complex, however there was a guy who recently had an accident and won alot of compensation.

He then bought the lakes off the taswood owners and opened a fishery for the disabled. However he then went and imported a huge number of foreign (think they were hungarian) carp which carry a virus which they are resisitant too.

He killed all the english stock that were already present, and apparently the virus spread to some of the other lakes in lenwade.