CLEAR HOOKS

zander1

:D:D:D does anybody have any ideas about whether or not clear hooks will eventualy appear on the carp fishing scene, they could be made from some type of flurocarbon composite or ceramic or somthing. Any ideas about what sort of effect they could have and how realistic is the idea? maybe its a stupid thought realy :?:?:?

There is plenty of materials out there that are stronger than metal, it just comes down to the cost of produceing, hooks £10 or more a pack would you pay it :wink:

without doubt if they come up with the product they are promising mate, they did with my leads and they cost £3.75 each :wink:

hooks £10 or more a pack would you pay it :wink:
if the hooks are very durable and kept razor sharp points extremely well and they were as hard to see in water as flurocarbon hooklinks then perhaps they would be worth it. i suppose they would be a bit OTT mind. do you think they would actually make a difference in catch rates though?? :wink::wink:

Would a clear hook be safe to have on the market? I could picture some nasty accidents occurring.

Perhaps if they were to sell it in barbless only ( they might have no choice but too depending on the material used?) then the accidents wouldnt be as bad and :idea: maybe you could put a peice of brightly colloured electricle tape on each one when your not using them??? No body can be sure untill they eventually come out .

Oh so thats how it is lol what if you tell me throgh a "pm":D :D:D if the tackle companies get it right, i think that clear hooks could be an awsome peice of kit for fishing on the top and pop up rigs.

PS: wouldnt glass leads have too be a fair old size to get 3oz and wouldnt they scratch when you cast and reel in ect making them more vizible in water?????

Osprey angling are bringing out a range of invisible end tackle, next year i think.

Leads, lead clips beads rubbers, leads etc.

This may be who goblin is already getting them from, not sure?

no mate, and they have the same problem, impossible to tighten down to them :wink:

Osprey angling are bringing out a range of invisible end tackle, next year i think.

Leads, lead clips beads rubbers, leads etc.

This may be who goblin is already getting them from, not sure?

no mate, and they have the same problem, impossible to tighten down to them :wink:

Holding your cards close Goblin.

Your mean! :twisted:

and im also not daft mate :lol::lol:

buy the mass produced kaka at your own peril, waste of time, I had the foresight to get a guy to custom make mine nearly twelve months ago :wink::wink::wink: .......... do not buy the smooth leads, they slip like you would not believe :wink:

thats all im saying on the matter now :wink: