fantastic new rig never been seen before

craftyshaun

Right I have edited this thread to remove the digs. I just removed a load of posts, so something that may have been pertinent might need to be retyped and reposted. In other words THINK before you reply, Insults, Digs and Swearing WILL NOT be tolerated

I don't think that the bait near the lip will be able to indicate which bait the Carp picked up. The Hook will position itself in the lip in the fight.

As to the rig's effectiveness, I'm not sure about it.

I know in the past that someone tried the hair in front of the eye, so the bait was positioned in front of the point of the hook.

Don't forget though, if you feed right then the carp will often pick up the most basic rig going.

not to detract from your thinking on the mechanics of this rig mate as you are obviously applying thought to it but, as nick said the key is in getting them on the bait and a very basic rig will fool them more often than not then. I think you may be over egging the omelette so to speak, but if its working for you then stick with it, but I would suggest doing a fairly lengthy test by fishing a basic rig alongside it and recording results

There is nothing in there that needs anyone to fire off at.

Goblin and I made the point that basic rigs may work best if you can get the feeding and location right. Goblin even complimented you on your thinking and working on a theory. Also we gave you the idea that it may need experimenting with, fishing it alongside a basic rig to see which catches best.

Any "tat" rig may catch fish if IT IS PUT IN THE RIGHT PLACE, where the Carp are feeding comfortably.

Lets keep to the topic.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i apologize for my rant and did not mean to offend anyone i have the upmost respect for you all i got it wrong and acted like a child ,all your comments where fair and on reflection there was no need to spit my dummy out ,goblin ,salokcinnodrog,666carpcatcher sorry lads no ofence was intended x x x love you all keep them reels screaming

i apologize for my rant and did not mean to offend anyone i have the upmost respect for you all i got it wrong and acted like a child ,all your comments where fair and on reflection there was no need to spit my dummy out ,goblin ,salokcinnodrog,666carpcatcher sorry lads no ofence was intended x x x love you all keep them reels screaming

Sounds like a fair apology to me :D

Sounds like a fair apology to me :D

Second that :D:wink:

All's well that ends well.

Life's too short. Let's all enjoy our fishing. After all, that's why we're on here in the first place? Eh? :wink::lol::lol:8)

I feel one of the setting up details that we "lost in translation" due to all wanting to see a picture of the actual rig, was the size of lead and the way the rod was set under tension to the weight. Perhaps this is one of the contributing factors as to how successful this method is? Certainly got me wondering (and thinking). :)

Lot of thought has gone into it. Thanks for sharing Shaun.

Thank you for your for your kind comments I really do appreciate them , I am not a bad fellow ranting on all the time I lost my way a bit , I will help anyone out at anytime at the drop of a hat as you rightly said there is no need for it ;this year iv been helping under privileged kids with the local council just taking them carp fishing and letting them experience what it is like,,,,, in return they go to school and keep out of trouble and it has worked fantastically well ,that’s why I love this sport so much , you see a young lad who has never really had much in is life through no fault of there own you spend a little time with them and when they catch the smile on there faces tells you they have had a good time ,that’s what makes me tick thanks again,,,,,,,,,,,,,, shaun

Thank you for your for your kind comments I really do appreciate them , I am not a bad fellow ranting on all the time I lost my way a bit , I will help anyone out at anytime at the drop of a hat as you rightly said there is no need for it ;this year iv been helping under privileged kids with the local council just taking them carp fishing and letting them experience what it is like,,,,, in return they go to school and keep out of trouble and it has worked fantastically well ,that’s why I love this sport so much , you see a young lad who has never really had much in is life through no fault of there own you spend a little time with them and when they catch the smile on there faces tells you they have had a good time ,that’s what makes me tick thanks again,,,,,,,,,,,,,, shaun

I think that any of the members of the Forum who have been here a while know how bad my temper is. Those who have the misfortune to annoy or get me angry at work have seen me fire off and to heck with the consequences, and to be honest it may not always be their fault. We all get angry or annoyed at times, and I know in my case, think later. Its those times when maybe, me included, should step back and think about our reactions and actions.

Look at it this way, I got into Serious Bad Company when I was in my late teens, and made some bad mistakes. Its fishing that brought me back to Earth when I lost it. Its Fishing that kept my head out of my Backside when Liz and I had Serious Problems. Passing the skills gained from fishing onto the latest generation is something that I wish more would do.

Anything that puts something back into the Pursuit and even in a small way keeps some Youth away from some of the things that I got into is worthwhile.

Next question for you Shaun, have you tried the rig with various different lead set-ups and weights? Is there any specifics that work best with it?

I have been using it with the mouse trap set up the main reason is the water i am fishing the carp are very twitchy so in my own mind I think this is the best way to fish it on this type of water, I have tried it out on other waters especially in the beginning as they are a lot easier to get a run from just to tweak the rig and make sure it was working ,when I used a running lead the carp was not self hooking as norm so I was slack lining but setting my clutch tight and this help ,so I changed over to the mouse trap and it worked really well, but I try and always use the biggest lead I can when I am fishing my fav Is a 4oz flat pear , as you well know the lead set up you use will alter you bite indication drastically and also the hooking ability of your rig , I do put a lot of thought in my lead set up id say just as much as we all do with the rig we use for our waters