Suffolk- Holbrook

2 hours ago, Mega said:

Hi, does anyone have any info on the Holbrook gardens lake down fishponds lane. Been driving past it for years when heading to areas I fish for Bass such a mega looking venue. 

You have to live in Holbrook to fish it.

On 30/09/2024 at 22:11, Mega said:

That's a shame, haven't really targeted carp for many years now but every time I go past there I get the urge. Thought it must be pretty exclusive as there is no info anywhere.

The syndicates around there are all pretty tied in together, along with Alton Water.

The only difference is that Alton you can get day tickets for.

I was going to ask if it is anything to do with the syndicate the other side of the lane. There is a little info on that one online, think I have managed to work out who runs it. Over the years I have seen a few comments regarding Holbrook in discussions related to Alton but never really much info and definitely not managed to find any pics of fish from there. This only increases curiosity lol. Last Syndicate I fished was back in Brentwood 10 years ago, struggled to find anything as appealing after moving up this way so pursued other species. Thanks for taking time to reply 👌

11 hours ago, Mega said:

I was going to ask if it is anything to do with the syndicate the other side of the lane. There is a little info on that one online, think I have managed to work out who runs it. Over the years I have seen a few comments regarding Holbrook in discussions related to Alton but never really much info and definitely not managed to find any pics of fish from there. This only increases curiosity lol. Last Syndicate I fished was back in Brentwood 10 years ago, struggled to find anything as appealing after moving up this way so pursued other species. Thanks for taking time to reply 👌

Pictures of carp from Alton Water?

I can also give a bit of info, but it does involve a lot of walking.

I live on the edge of the town, about 10mins away, so before work I would take my dog for a walk around a section. 

As for syndicates around Holbrook, one person seems to have his finger in every pie.

IMG_20200620_230035.jpg

IMG_20191014_231654.jpg

Screenshot_20221217-183620_Facebook.jpg

Some nice fish there mate bet that took some leg work.I have seen a few alton fish on the facebook page, dont think any were as big as that linear your holding, thats a pukka fish was that recent?

Never seen any of the holbrook fish although I did stumble across a few last night that I suspect came from there although my nephew thinks they are D lake fish. 

14 minutes ago, Mega said:

Some nice fish there mate bet that took some leg work.I have seen a few alton fish on the facebook page, dont think any were as big as that linear your holding, thats a pukka fish was that recent?

Never seen any of the holbrook fish although I did stumble across a few last night that I suspect came from there although my nephew thinks they are D lake fish. 

The 2 bottom fish were the same night, 22nd October 2019.

I had a few nights with multiple catches, and mostly 20lb plus fish, I think that I only had one fish below 20lb.

As I said, I was walking around almost every day before work, picking a section so over 5 days I would pretty much cover the whole way round, including the bays. 

Definitely Holbrook fish, that common above; the 'owner' of the Holbrook syndicate took out some of the slow growth fish and put them in Alton, you also have some escaped pike live baits, there is or was a big common with a nick front of the dorsal fin from a treble hook I think.

There are no originals left from when the reservoir was formed, somewhere at the bottom is a road, some houses, and the farm pond that had Alton Waters original carp and rudd.