carp lake about an hour or so from calais

thecarpkid1990

hi guys looking to go back to france in the summer possibly. has anyone got any ideas or links to sites for a carp lake just outside calais??? an hour or so at most. or even in belgium????

all recommendations welcome

night fishing on lakes in belgium is illegal so i understand

i dont get all that. i don't understand why there is reason to ban night fishing. as the majority of carp anglers are perfectly law abiding wouldnt you say.

Different countries.....different laws.Some waters in France don't allow night fishing.Having said that, there are waters in the UK that won't allow night fishing either.

There are very few lakes just outside Calais. Valdore is about 11/2 hours but most are 21/2-3 hours from the port. Have a look at the "Sticky" at the top of the page for a few ideas or have alook at Anglinglines website.

with valdore i've looked at the prices etc but it doesn't say much about all enclusive etc etc. do you know roughly what the price for fishing and food is, as all i could find was fishing.

• 3 months later...

Valdore is drive and survive only, by that i mean no food package. But you can get food there every day from the cafe. Daft i know but you can not book a food package as far as i know.

Vallee, yes ive fished it and would choose valdore out of the 2 of them, valdore is 5 mins down the road from Vallee and half the price with 5 times as many lakes to choose from.

hi there,

not fished valdore but my boss has fished vallee lake and i wouldnt recommend it,he went in june last year and there was only on person on the lake that caught and that was from the swim that comes with the main lodge.

another thing to note is that 90% of the fish pics on there website are at night, i dont mind catching during the night but want some action during the day aswell

just my views,trying to help u out.

why has it got to be an hour from calais??