Hi chaps, just noticed this forum section! i joined at the weekend so i could get an I.D on a pair of custom rods, I'm new to carp fishing although I've been course fishing since around 5 years old. It was my Grandad and Uncle who started my fishing journey all those years ago, i'm 54 now! My uncle was a massive carp guy, he fished all over the world, loved carp in Canada, also Sturgeon and Cats in Spain but sad to say he lost his battle with cancer back in March and i inherited all his fishing gear. This has spurred me onto carp fishing and following in his footsteps, probably not around the world lol but mostly here in Norfolk. I had to take away from his house some 35 rods, mostly carp but quite a few old split canes, all bar one of those is now sold on, out of the carp rods i have kept the following (hopefully you'll tell me these are good rods) 3 x Diawa Amphorus Wisker Dictator z mk2's, 1 x Century Armalite mk1, 3 x Fox Horizon SFD 12ft 3.00lb, 1 x Fox 6ft Stalker, Fox Warrior spod, Fox Warrior Marker. Hopefully that's enough weaponry! Still got about 12 rods to sell, Nash scopes, Greys Platinums and customs etc. So I'm here to hopefully learn how to use it all from you guys if you'll let me that is!

Cheers and tight lines, Chris.

Edited by ChrisDredd

Good to have you around.

I would recommend holding onto pairs and triples as complete sets but the Daiwa Whisker Amorphous, your choice, I believe go for big money as a very wanted item.

Depending on the test curve, the Armalite I think is a lovely rod for floater fishing, or in open swims, stalking with the lift float. I used to use the 2.25 mk.i at Taverham Mills for that exact purpose!

The Fox and Greys rods are probably the latest rods of the list, and still valid and worth the use.

Enjoy your fishing

Cheers mate, I chose the Daiwa's and the Armalite because, to me, they looked like brilliant rods, the Armalite will be used for exactly the purpose you mentioned too! The Daiwa's are going to be stored away in a hard bazooka case as they are mint and never been used, they look like a work of art to me and i want to see them in the same condition when i look at them in 10 years time lol. The Fox rods will be used by me but the scopes, Black ops, customs and Greys will be sold to fund my respray on my VW. 😃