Hello Everyone

So I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of using a Sat. 'Phone , or a Sat. Sleeve ? .

I can't be the only one who fishes where there is no mobile signal , and then worries that no-one can contact me if there is a problem ; or is that the best part of " disappearing " when you go fishing 😁 ? . 

11 hours ago, crusian said:

Hello Everyone

So I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of using a Sat. 'Phone , or a Sat. Sleeve ? .

I can't be the only one who fishes where there is no mobile signal , and then worries that no-one can contact me if there is a problem ; or is that the best part of " disappearing " when you go fishing 😁 ? . 

I love to disappear and be uncontactable.

I'm the same, about no mobile signal. Part of the problem is that different providers have different signal. 

As an example, near Botesdale and Redgrave, Vodafone is absolutely awful, signal will come and go from 4/5G one or two bars to Emergency calls only, yet EE offers an almost continous 4/5G.

Worse is it is not consistent, always one provider with best signal, it is fragmented, some areas  if O2 or Vodafone have masts in the area, you will get signal, where if EE or Three whoever don't, you won't.

On 19/06/2024 at 19:28, crusian said:

Hello Everyone

Can't help with the sat phone. I would prefer to disappear but can't unfortunately.

I have a dual SIM phone with 1 SIM on O2 and the other on Giffgaff. Usually got signal on atleast one of them. Maybe you could find out what networks are best in the areas you fish