bait boat and fish finder

Well you're either talking about a built in system like Raymarine or external like the Deeper with arm.  Although I do know that Deeper also gets fitted internally now.  This transmits a signal (chirp technology) back to the bank via wifi to a phone or tablet.

You're looking at the sonar image of depth and bottom contours, yes fish do show up but it's not a fish finder just sonar, same as is used in the sea by trawlers and the like.

I've got Raymarine on an ND4 boat.

What you see on the right of the screen is what's under the boat now, everything left is the past.

Edited by kevtaylor

Screenshot_20231003-135656_Gallery.thumb.jpg.1acddcc3d874d98da5bafe261cf5e2fd.jpg

Image above I've gone up into a plateau - boats currently sitting at 12ft, firm bottom, no weed.

Screenshot_20231003-135403_Gallery.thumb.jpg.f4a0dd6ba468458e8a5ea6e9e9f2fefd.jpg

Image above I've just gone over a pack of fish, currently at 16ft - rock hard ground as a red crust with barely and yellow above.  The thin yellow crust above the red in the past (middle of screen) is a thin layer of silt over rock hard ground.

Edited by kevtaylor

Use a rippton catchx pro and it comes with a fish finder. The interface of bait boat and fish finder appear in the same app. I just set a scanning task by selecting a zone and it will do the work. It sends me an alarm once detects a fish and generates a spot on your screen. Definitely improve my catch rate!