Slipe Lane

• 4 weeks later...

hi mate all lakes here see a lot of pressure! Use a good quality fresh bait i use heathrow red indian. PVA bags work well as well as small stringers. try chopping your hook baits in two and using them turned against each other. also i have found half a 18mm bait and half a 14mm bait work well. but be mobile and move with the fish you should catch a few.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

From the current rules I gather that on Slipe Lane is baiting up with Stringers and Bags only!

I know what I've been told in regard to fish stocks and weights of fish, weed and features, but is there any more up to date information on Slipe Lane around at all?

• 1 month later...

No rules regarding baiting up like that mate - not at Turnford AC, aka Slipe Lane Pits.

I think they've restocked the Railway - albeit not been able to confirm it for sure. Previously the majority of fish were 20+; I've done a handful of nights recently and only caught mid-doubles! There's weed throughout the pit, but it's no big deal and doesn't cause a problem.

Lea and Marsh pits are very low stock. Boot pit is a bit of an unknown.

• 2 years later...

Hi chaps, thought I'd drag up this old thread instead of starting a new one. Does anyone on here fish this complex? I'll be heading down over the winter for a crack, so wondering what the current state of the place is like. All I can find on the net is that it's very busy, full of rats, and people turding in their swims.........lovely!

From what I've read, Railway is the place to start, though it sounds like a right bun-fight for swims most of the time...is it the same in winter? Not sure I fancy being elbow-to-elbow with the masses.

Can't find much info anywhere about the carp in Marsh Pit, so was wondering if anyone here might know.

Cheers.

That's right.

I have recently finished my 14th stay in rehab.

Was due to be on "I'm a Celebrity" but the producers said that there could be one or two members of the public that could actually remember who I was and to re apply in 15 years or so.

I am appearing in Panto this year Jack and the Hasbeanstalk at the Alhambra in New York, Lincolnshire.

Tickets are 50p 75p & a £1, thats for a family of 8...