moving on from braid?

jameshill_247

just woundering i use braid for my hair rigs but i always hear and see people using other stuff like snakbite and coated braids and all that but what i want to know is do they make a difference is it worth me changing to them if so what and how. any advice would be great as i have no idea about them.

thanks very much james

The first hooklink I ever bought was Richworth Sorcerer uncoated supple braid.

I've tried all other types since and have recently gone back to it, it sinks very well and is pretty much camo. I have to use it with an anti tangle sleeve for peace of mind. I think the suppleness is one of its best characteristics and is something that you wont get with a different type of product.

If what you've got works well dont change unless you have a reason for doing so.

Your query 'Does coated braid make a difference' - it can give you more anti eject and tangle properties.

I'm pretty much happy for most situations with 2 braids i.e the one mentioned and Suffix Heavy skin (Green or Brown) which again sinks well but also has a good coating - useful for hinged rigs.

Stiff and supple floros and mono have thier place as well but you need to know why you are going for them over your usual choice (e.g. winter for their clarity).

So what am I saying? :? - oh yeah - your uncoated braid will probably work anywhere. Its nice to have what you deem to be the best one of each type in your tackle box, you dont need 10-20 different ones, 4-6 good ones that your happy with - oh and some trigger link coz you never know.

Just re-noticed the title 'Braid moving on' made me laugh as if its no longer advanced enough - dont worry about what other people say and do unless you have made friends with someone who's extremely good or is a seasoned successful regular who knows something about the water that you dont. Dont be a follower mate change things only when you see a problem and possible solution.