wychwood carp line

About an hour is enough. Some people will tell you to wind it on with the spool the label side up but I have drilled a couple of holes in an old ice cream tube wide enough for a pencil to go through and wind it on that way and the water lubricates it on the way in and the friction slows it down a bit. That is the way the manufacteur spooled it on and so it makes sense to take it off that way as well. Used to get the missus to hold the pencil and apply a bit of pressure on the spool but gave it up a bad job as too much moaning about getting burnt thumbs!

1 hour ago, Golden Paws said:

About an hour is enough. Some people will tell you to wind it on with the spool the label side up but I have drilled a couple of holes in an old ice cream tube wide enough for a pencil to go through and wind it on that way and the water lubricates it on the way in and the friction slows it down a bit. That is the way the manufacteur spooled it on and so it makes sense to take it off that way as well. Used to get the missus to hold the pencil and apply a bit of pressure on the spool but gave it up a bad job as too much moaning about getting burnt thumbs!

I used a 4 pint milk container same thing really lol