Vitalin vs. Flaked maize

Tree123

I'm getting back in the  carp  game and I have my plans set on a little river I did every well from a  few years back  prebaiting.

Last tike I was putting in about 5kg a week of scopex squid but now I have budget and time  limitations as I have a little one and renovation project house. I was going to go with the vitalin or flaked maize with a handful of tigers  mixed in.. As flaked and vitalin are easy to prepare cheap to get hold  and the tigers I can  order in a batch  and freeze them down. 

But which is better vitalin or maize?

3 hours ago, Tree123 said:

I'm getting back in the  carp  game and I have my plans set on a little river I did every well from a  few years back  prebaiting.

Last tike I was putting in about 5kg a week of scopex squid but now I have budget and time  limitations as I have a little one and renovation project house. I was going to go with the vitalin or flaked maize with a handful of tigers  mixed in.. As flaked and vitalin are easy to prepare cheap to get hold  and the tigers I can  order in a batch  and freeze them down. 

But which is better vitalin or maize?

I prefer Vitalin as the background feed if small fish are about as them feeding will attract Carp, however flaked maize is also a good background feed.

I think the additional bits in Vitalin will give it more attraction than plain maize, whole or flaked, and being able to fish it as groundbait, method gets the fish digging into it.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tree123 said:

Yeah I'm think going the vitalin and pigeon conditioner  route

Worked very well for me on Ardleigh reservoir, actually moulding it around the lead like the Method  as well, meant I could have the hookbait right in the middle of the feed.