Costessey (Taverham) No3

I'm looking for some more info on Costessey No3. I know its 10acres and the largest fish is 41lb at top weight, has anyone got an idea of full stock numbers of fish. how hard is this lake? every time i've walked round no-one has been on there.

• 1 year later...

This year is the first that this lake has been changed to season ticket only, with limited places (12) this lake is going to be very popular with the lucky few to get a ticket. If you are interested in this lake get your name down for a place in the future as a waiting list is in place.

This 5 acre lake has some very special residents residing in it’s depths. This water gets very weedy each summer and most of the fishing is restricted to the margins, this explains the size of the carp within it.

The carp known as “Single scale” is now topping the 40lb barrier!

This water is the hardest on the complex but the rewards are there to be had.

I'm right near the top of the waiting list, reckon I'll be on there next season, or the season after.

Can't wait.

All those lovely blanks to look forward to. lmao.

Your right tho Armo' it's around 6 acres, and there is all ready over 30 people on the list.

The lake is the jewl in Norfolks crown tho. IMHO

Walked around it a few Times,

Unfortunately due to moving and getting a new job I can't get the chance to fish it at the moment anyway! :evil:

I know some of the Carp in there are absolutely gorgeous looking Fish.

I've seen the growth of the weed. Some spots you find one day are totally covered over the Next. Mind you its a very clear Water :!:

Guest reizend
Yeah your right the water is very clear, stalking them would be the way forward I reckon.

Not sure on how many are actually in there, some say 8 some say 10.

Proper challenge.

I've been walking around this lake for the past 25 years.

There are more fish in there than that. The commons that hang around the right hand bay, to my knowledge have never been out.

My old mate john seamed to have the measure of the place. Great looking lake but life is just to short for me. I know one chap who's fished it for years and last time of asking still had not had one out.

Best of luck though

• 2 years later...