Fishing in the Netherlands?

hopefull

Hi folks,

Firstly, I apologise if I've put this in the wrong forum, but I wasn't entirely sure where to put it.

Now..me and a couple of mates are considering going continental carping later in the year, around September time, but we want to avoid France and we are considering going to Holland. I've seen some cracking photos of Dutch carp before, but I can't seem to find any info on fishing there online.

Don't spose anyone has anything that could help us out?

Cheers fellas :)

It Depends on what part of holland you want to fish. I live in the northern part and the fishing is great. There is only one place i know of that you have to pay for carp fishing the rest are free and i have caught some nice fish from these free places. Also i have stated in another part of this forum where i live in a 10 mile radius i have choice of at least 50 ponds....lakes.....canals and rivers where i can fish for carp. This year alone i have caught well over 60 carp i got over 40 in 2 sessions on one place. Here are some of my pictures. http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb79/tyler_jet/

• 5 months later...

Been 6 times to Holland and its not easy, its all about location and local rules and regulations.

Loads of water to go at and most of it is free or only a couple of Euro's to fish.

Most of my trips have centred on Niukoop Plassen which is an inland sea of a lake near Gouda. This holds the Dutch record common which is around 70Lbs. It is a challenge though, mostly wild commons that fight like their lives depend upon it plenty of 20's but the bigger fish are harder to come by. Had mirrors to 28 and commons to 29. also grass Carp to 28.

Have also fished around Zwolle where there are some good waters and rivers to go out but again local rules around night fishing can be difficult in some places.

In my opinion there is lots of potential but finding the right place can be tough. We have never been on a guided tour but i know they exist. if its virgin territory for youi this may well be your best choice

cheers

And here is the site for the place where you have to pay the record so far out of there is 34lbs.

http://www.hcsassenhein.nl/

Here is also a translator if you don't understand the words.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

Some nice fish in those photos but I think holidaymakers would want larger fish.

I love catching fish of all sizes but if paying to go abroad I would want a very good chance of a 30 or even a 40.

• 3 years later...

Good day,

I am 28, russian, living in the Netherlands for a year, new in carpfishing, but would like to learn.

I have all min necessary equipment, baits, car...so no bother for you.

Fishing according ''catch-release'' rule only. Have license to fish on all public waters.

I don't know good spots in NL, visited 3, got no carp, only bream.

Would like to find a copmany for carpfishing here, so if any of you is living in NL (or/and you are Dutch, visiting that website) and would like to get a ''partner'', just let me know.

Best regards,

Sergei.

Good day,

I am 28, russian, living in the Netherlands for a year, new in carpfishing, but would like to learn.

I have all min necessary equipment, baits, car...so no bother for you.

Fishing according ''catch-release'' rule only. Have license to fish on all public waters.

I don't know good spots in NL, visited 3, got no carp, only bream.

Would like to find a copmany for carpfishing here, so if any of you is living in NL (or/and you are Dutch, visiting that website) and would like to get a ''partner'', just let me know.

Best regards,

Sergei.

What's your location in NL?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...