Fox XL 2man bivvy trip hazard

When the inner dome is in place there is a section which stretches across the door section. It is a blatant trip haxard (just did a week and didn't trip once), just seems strange as can't find reference to it anywhere. This makes me think that I have done something wrong when setting up.

Would really appreciate some advice

2 hours ago, Longbone16 said:

When the inner dome is in place there is a section which stretches across the door section. It is a blatant trip haxard (just did a week and didn't trip once), just seems strange as can't find reference to it anywhere. This makes me think that I have done something wrong when setting up.

Would really appreciate some advice

I remember from the EasyDomes that the inner capsule was also a 'trip hazard' as you stepped out of the door of the capsule. I probably have tripped over it. 

Long time ago, but I do have a pic somewhere. 

To be honest it is not anything that would be advertised😉

1 hour ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I remember from the EasyDomes that the inner capsule was also a 'trip hazard' as you stepped out of the door of the capsule. I probably have tripped over it. 

Long time ago, but I do have a pic somewhere. 

To be honest it is not anything that would be advertised😉

My first bivvy was the Shakespeare bivvy dome with a built In Groundsheet 

hate to think how many times I tripped over that 6” that came up to meet the walls

Thanks guys,

Well at least it’s nothing I can really fix. I know that they obviously wouldn’t want to advertise a design fault, another example of the review system and how you can’t believe anything you see.

unless of course these famous carp fishermen that do these reviews actually didn’t notice one of the only things that a buyer needs to know.

I love everything about this bivvy but I wouldn’t have bought it if I’d known.

There is a lesson here for all of us. 🙂

1 hour ago, dayvid said:

Never liked Capsules/ inner dome ,  i have a Rod Hutchinson dome somewhere with that trip hazard yo mention  , personally id sell the inner dome and buy the over wrap .

The RH Apotheosis from memory was inner with the inner doors rolling down to the floor.

I used to have my bedchair as far forward as possible, so I was stepping out of the inner. 

The inner capsules do make for a warmer bivvy than just an overwrap and reduce condensation. 

Unless you have a removable groundsheet in pretty much any tent, camping or fishing, you have a trip hazard. Don't forget that most dome type bivvies were not originally designed for fishing, no matter which manufacturer (or tackle brand). 

A bivvy for fishing, umbrella or Pioneer/pramhood etc is usually designed for the angler and has removable or separate groundsheet.