Heybridge basin gravel pit

Hello everyone, I was looking for stretches of the Chelmer to fish on google earth and came across the gravel pit at Heybridge does anyone have any information on it? can it be fished and if so is it a syndicate water ect. 

also any information of good spots to fish on the Chelmer was planning to just walk along the Chelmer and Blackwater navigation to see if there are any signs of carp if not go for some perch with a drop shot

Thanks in advance for any information  

On 17/08/2021 at 13:00, DubVader said:

Hello everyone, I was looking for stretches of the Chelmer to fish on google earth and came across the gravel pit at Heybridge does anyone have any information on it? can it be fished and if so is it a syndicate water ect. 

also any information of good spots to fish on the Chelmer was planning to just walk along the Chelmer and Blackwater navigation to see if there are any signs of carp if not go for some perch with a drop shot

Thanks in advance for any information  

Google could be your friend😉

Last I remember was that there was an application to the council for it to be properly run as a fishery and nobody was running it officially as a fishable water, this was 3 or 4  years ago. 

1 hour ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Google could be your friend😉

Last I remember was that there was an application to the council for it to be properly run as a fishery and nobody was running it officially as a fishable water, this was 3 or 4  years ago. 

Thats all I could find as well, was just wondering if its able to be fished let's say under the cover of darkness haha and if there are any decent fish to be had out of there