The Elderberry

Soon they’ll be ripe for picking... just got me thinking if anybody still uses them for a carp bate? I can remember when I was teenager catching all sorts on the river using them and catching carp out of the park lakes on them on the float. I’m thinking about chucking some in a spod mix do you lads think it could be an edge or it’s not something the carp would care about to much?

On 25 August 2020 at 20:38, Its-grim-up-north said:

Soon they’ll be ripe for picking... just got me thinking if anybody still uses them for a carp bate? I can remember when I was teenager catching all sorts on the river using them and catching carp out of the park lakes on them on the float. I’m thinking about chucking some in a spod mix do you lads think it could be an edge or it’s not something the carp would care about to much?

Any elderberry branches hanging over the lake I would think would provide food for the fish.

I have used them for roach on the river, started off fishing maggot, but feeding hemp and elderberry, then fishing hemp, then eventually switching to elderberries. I have had some nice nets of roach with the occasional chub doing that.

Adding them to any loose feed, carp and other fish will eat them at the right time of the year, so potentially putting a hair of elderberries would work.