sign of the times

cyborx

10 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

There are also far better cheaper items out there by other manufacturers in most cases.

The marketing power of the likes of Nash, Fox, Korda etc has us drawn to their products on virtually any search...…. You have to sometimes dig a bit deeper to find the less fashionable brands...… I used to use the AD board to have a browse for certain items. But they don't do all brands these days, and push the big names...………. I think some companies are living off their past reputation. The likes of Trakker and Aqua for instance, used to be associated with good quality, but imo, everything out there is much of a muchness in terms of build quality and materials used.(Unless you can go top top end) You've only got to check the wayward stitching to realise that these products aren't really checked for quality anymore. So they may hit us with the R&D blag, but they are certainly cutting corners at the other end of the production line...… This makes things very hit and miss imo….. You could buy a cheaper brand with really good work done on it and like wise a more expensive brand that was rushed out the factory door to fill an order, just depends who's worked on it and who's checked it.... Some of the retail prices charged on certain kit, you'd expect a more thorough quality control. I think this is where having things manufactured over sea's becomes a problem. Once they are on the boat, there's no going back, they have to be sold regardless of quality. Shelves need filling and tills need to ring.....

I got very lucky with this bag at £16.... Really well made and an insulated compartment on top, not a known brand but every bit as good as similar bags sold for £40 plus..... Some cheap items I've bought on-line have turned out to be poor quality, but I can say the same for known brands too. Like I say, it's a bit hit and miss across the board imo….

p.jpg

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 07:27, B.C. said:

Once they are on the boat, there's no going back, they have to be sold regardless of quality. Shelves need filling and tills need to ring.....

My new Fox RX plus alarms , great alarms so far just one niggle and of course I can live with it .

Change the colour of the LED to Orange and then turn the nite light on and its Red , but lights orange on a run, go figure that , Fox probably didnt realise till to late ,but thought Hay Ho those suckers will still buy them and its to late now to rectify .

Tried emailing Fox and I was not surprised I had no reply .

This fault is on all Fox RX plus I have seen

3 hours ago, dayvid said:

My new Fox RX plus alarms , great alarms so far just one niggle and of course I can live with it .

Change the colour of the LED to Orange and then turn the nite light on and its Red , but lights orange on a run, go figure that , Fox probably didnt realise till to late ,but thought Hay Ho those suckers will still buy them and its to late now to rectify .

Tried emailing Fox and I was not surprised I had no reply .

This fault is on all Fox RX plus I have seen

Shame to hear that mate. I know they don't come cheap either. I would expect them to be bang on for their price... Even if it doesn't affect the alarm working. Each little feature is used as a selling point and should work properly...…. Sounds like they would have a hell of a lot of recalls, if they admitted the fault......