N Trap Semi Stiff

JC1972

Hi just getting back into carp fishing and want to start tying my own rigs this season.

Wafters and pop ups work well where i fish.  Want to keep rigs nice and simple just gonna probably use basic hair rig for wafters and pop ups just adding shot for pop ups.  Is the Korda N trap semi stiff a good material for both types of rigs and what Breaking strain for the braid.  I'm using 12lb mainline if that makes any difference. 

Thanks

I almost exclusively use n-trap in 15lb. Never had any problems with it whatsoever. I've just started trying ESP Tungsten loaded which is okay but I find the hair loop is fraying up a little compared to the n-trap and that's using a braid friendly baiting needle. 

I know it might sound as if I am being biased but have a look at the new SkinLink from Nash. It’s the best coated braid I have ever used. 

My main two gripes with coated braids is that they are slightly buoyant and that the coating breaks when knotting or passing a loop through the eye of a hook of you use a multi rig like I do for all of my fishing except zigs. 

This is some serious stuff! 

2 hours ago, nigewoodcock said:

I know it might sound as if I am being biased but have a look at the new SkinLink from Nash. It’s the best coated braid I have ever used. 

My main two gripes with coated braids is that they are slightly buoyant and that the coating breaks when knotting or passing a loop through the eye of a hook of you use a multi rig like I do for all of my fishing except zigs. 

Don’t suppose you have a link mate? 

I juat typed nash skinlink 

& nash skin link into ebay and doesn’t seem to bring anything up apart from armorlink as a close result 

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 18:58, nigewoodcock said:

Nige do you happen to know if the Stiff version can be crimped?

On 19/04/2018 at 18:58, nigewoodcock said:

i noticed JC was recomending it about a week ago and i have been awaiting the release with baited breath,,,,pun intended :lol: