Medium pit reels

Hello all

Looking to purchase 2 new medium pit reels with long cast spools. Looking for roughly around 150 quid more or less. Not sure if I want a QD reel or a baitrunner/ bait feeder Style.

Looking for some input into what's junk and what's not. I kind of like the medium bait runners buy Shimano with a long cast spool. I've been thinking about some of the medium to lower-end Daiwa QD reels. Your help in helping me sort this out would be greatly appreciated lads

Thanks Gregg

7 hours ago, Rodbuster969 said:

Hello all

Looking to purchase 2 new medium pit reels with long cast spools. Looking for roughly around 150 quid more or less. Not sure if I want a QD reel or a baitrunner/ bait feeder Style.

Looking for some input into what's junk and what's not. I kind of like the medium bait runners buy Shimano with a long cast spool. I've been thinking about some of the medium to lower-end Daiwa QD reels. Your help in helping me sort this out would be greatly appreciated lads

Thanks Gregg

I use Shimano Beastmaster 7000's and love them. I used to work in a tackle shop, so I would play with all of the Shimano range, and by choice picked what is probably the cheapest reel in the big water range, despite having a feel of the Ultegra's etc.

When in the shop they felt rugged, tough and comfortable, and time on the bank has not changed my view on them

Seriously of the view you don't need to spend as much as £150 on a reel, but you do have to buy carefully.

ive got a set of daiwa emblem black reels sitting in my wardrobe ready to be sent for a few customisations. 

It was a toss up between ultegras, the more expensive daiwa tournie 5000T or the emblems and I went for the emblems based on the fact the first emblems were released yonks ago, same design and still going strong. Similar to the tournies but fraction of the price.