Chelmsford angling club.

muftyboy

Evening all.

After reading people's stories of the wildlife they encounter a few weeks back on here I've decided to venture out of my little urban paradise next season.

To be honest the closest I've got to seeing wildlife in the last couple of years is the local yobos letting  their dogs try and catch the geese. 

So I'm just wondering if anybody has any experience of Chelmsford angling club.

Cheers guys.

Edited by muftyboy

I used to be the club NFA coach for CAA  years ago... as has been said, good waters, although the behaviour of some of its members can be improved... there is a certain cliquieness amongst some of the hardcore carpers, with a lot  of  "swim saving" and general rule breaking... trying to get a swim on Braxted was murder with some of the "anglers" refusing to leave a swim, despite being packed up, "cos their mate is coming in after them"... according to a mate who left last year for that very reason, it still goes on, and it seems the bailiffs are in on it...

Well just so people are aware, I have NEVER failed to get a swim at braxted....it's my local. 

As for the bailiffs and clique.....the whole Bailif team at willows was removed and a massive change around took place to put a stop to that behaviour. 

In two years I have had only one cross word with one member and it was to do with being In the car park to early (2 mins early according to his watch 🤣) his watch was wrong (bc getting there early is hugely frowned upon and can result in loss of ticket so no early adventures mate ) 

34 minutes ago, Big Common said:

Cheers...... But I never ever break fishery rules mate..... Captures are meaningless to me, mine and other peoples, if they aint done within the rules set. Level playing field and all that..

Nice pic of the Mere mate...... I listened to Derek Ritchies interview on Carp Radio a week or two back... He mentioned that the great man himself Richard Walker, fished the Mere ( And blanked )..... 

Do you know much about any fish stockings , in recent years mate. There are a lot of fish pushing through on one or two lakes, just wondered where they originated from? Or do you recon it's a result of thinning out the stock levels on some of their waters?

I was only playing fella, I know you are a by the book kinda guy from previous comments 😉

Ive fished a few nights on the mere and blanked consistently (i do that most places though 🤣) 

i have a feeling I know which two waters you are referring to......blunts and cants ? If so yes stock thining and I bellieve Stick movement  as they are aiming for a mixed fishery and a carp specific fishery, once you have your details through you'll be able to log on to the website and forum section and all the info is on the forum. 

Some cracking fish to be had from a good few of the waters. Some absolute bangers in the mere (I've only seen pictures) braxted complex also has some lovely perfect looking commons 

7 hours ago, spr1985 said:

i am a current member of caa, some cracking waters on the ticket including about 14 miles of river. Have you had a look at the website? 

What do you want to know. I'll help if I can. 

Just wondered how busy the waters get and what are the prices for the night permits mate?.

Cheers.

49 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

Just wondered how busy the waters get and what are the prices for the night permits mate?.

Cheers.

Braxted complex and boreham mere o have never failed to get a swim and never seem too busy (when I've walked around)  willows always seems quiet to me  I don't think I have been to any of the venues and thought it was busy to be honest blunts and cants can get busy from what I have heard but I doubt you'd ever fail to get a swim. I just went to check ticket prices for you and found out the price has gone up for standard membership by £3 and that all of the extra tickets nights concessions kids etc etc all have tab next to them sorry 

IMG_6800.PNG

Edited by spr1985

54 minutes ago, spr1985 said:

If I remember correctly 

boreham and willows was about £80 extra 

and Tufnell and mikleham was £55 extra 

Cheers mate.

Just wanted to know a rough price.

I did message them yesterday to ask for night permit prices and was told to look on the website.

And got the same tba as you.

Do you do weekends or just midweek mate?.

24 minutes ago, Big Common said:

It will be interesting to see what the prices are for next season's upgrades. And also, how quickly they get snapped up. I like the idea of limited night permits, makes sense to me... Unfortunate ,if you lose out on your first season as a member on the better waters.... 

Yeah but gives you time to try a few other waters and wet your appetite. 

To be honest I'm just looking for some nice lakes to fish.

Ones where you turn up and don't find the do as you likeys moved in so you can't fish 😣

1 hour ago, Big Common said:

It will be interesting to see what the prices are for next season's upgrades. And also, how quickly they get snapped up. I like the idea of limited night permits, makes sense to me... Unfortunate ,if you lose out on your first season as a member on the better waters.... 

Last year blunts and cants went like hot potatoes 

then boreham and willow ( exact dates etc pic attached)

59 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

Yeah but gives you time to try a few other waters and wet your appetite. 

To be honest I'm just looking for some nice lakes to fish.

Ones where you turn up and don't find the do as you likeys moved in so you can't fish 😣

You don't need to worry about do as ya like us mate....most of the fisheries are gated and locked and if they are not you would have to know where they where and get past the farmer and his two barrelled friends

edit to add :- mufty I go as and when I can mate mainly weekends but also random days in week and random evenings 

IMG_6802.PNG

Edited by spr1985

13 minutes ago, Big Common said:

Me too... And from what I can gather, the upgrades for that water are usually some of the last to get taken......

My initial thoughts ,were to just stick to the day ticket as I'm not far from Braxted , which is days only anyway ,and also have a dabble on the river..

Tuffnels, on the same upgrade, is good for a bend in the rod....

I'm holding back on a syndicate ticket, heard a few things about the other waters run by the same people. Plus all this talk about Ardleigh, has turned my head a bit, and would offer the bank space that I was hoping for at the syndi' at a cheaper price, and dare I say it, more rewarding captures....... If I'm lucky enough.

TBH, Mufty.... Being a bit of a loner and not getting too involved with people on the bank, pretty much means that any new water will offer a bit of the "unknown"...... That's why my tea tastes rank :)

It will be overnighters for me hopefully.

Bit more of a distance for me.

I'll make sure I bring my own tea lol

19 minutes ago, Big Common said:

Me too... And from what I can gather, the upgrades for that water are usually some of the last to get taken......

My initial thoughts ,were to just stick to the day ticket as I'm not far from Braxted , which is days only anyway ,and also have a dabble on the river..

Tuffnels, on the same upgrade, is good for a bend in the rod....

I'm holding back on a syndicate ticket, heard a few things about the other waters run by the same people. Plus all this talk about Ardleigh, has turned my head a bit, and would offer the bank space that I was hoping for at the syndi' at a cheaper price, and dare I say it, more rewarding captures....... If I'm lucky enough.

TBH, Mufty.... Being a bit of a loner and not getting too involved with people on the bank, pretty much means that any new water will offer a bit of the "unknown"...... That's why my tea tastes rank :)

Won't bother asking you to do a session then 🤣🤣🤣