Heater and live to see the morning

http://www.nashtackle.co.uk/products/view/bank-life-bivvy-heater

Now this is a take on the twin flowerer pots upside down , (look up on Youtube) they work extremely well , we made one and the heat was excellent just to bulky to carry around.

So this seems a reasonable copy although well over priced , but aint it all

If you believe the spiel ,you wont die using it. just Burn your hands if you touch it

buy a tin of biscuits, eat the biccies... place 5 or 6 tea lights on the lid  pierce a few holes in the base of the tin and place over the lit candles... viola....! one bivvy heater for the price of a tin o' biccies and a few tea lights...

oh and if it's really cold out you'll get a ton of condensation....

oh and don't put it on the plastic bivvy table or on your plastic/rubber groundsheet

Edited by bluelabel
(addendum)

wow fork handles !

I have a very similar contraption but made with smaller pots and a single citronella candle.  I leave it on for as long as one candle lasts approx. 2 hrs.  The citronella keeps the mossies away and the flickering light keeps the rats away, it doesn't get hot enough to burn through the groundsheet and doesn't produce enough carbon dioxide to kill me (I never sleep with the bivvy zipped up).  It might and only might just provide enough heat to provide some placebo heat.  I like it on, it pleases me.