Sleeping bags

Hi, looking at getting a new sleeping bag to fit my Nash wide boy bedchair. Price not really an issue, so looking for recommendations. It has to be an all season bag. At present I've got a fox 5 season bag which is about 17 years old and using a Trakkerproducts throw over top as well. Looking for a bag those really warm so I don't have to wear layers of clothes!

whats people got and views/recommendations?

thanks for your help 😁

Edited by slime_33

Dayvid, thank you for your reply. I understand what you're saying and I would only probably be wearing track suit bottoms and hoody. If you saw what I have to wear at the moment I look like the Michelin man. Vest top, thermal t-shirt, polo shirt, hoody top, Woolley jumper, Woolley hat,  bib a brace, hooded coat. As you can imagine I'm pretty restricted on movement lol. 

Same as with Trakkerproducts, I spent £500 on an armadillo camo bivvy and winter skin. Had to wait 2 weeks for delivery. Picked it up from my local shop. Straight down the lake with it for a weekend session. Started to put up bivvy and all the inside was stuck together and the inner waterproof silicone type liner was pulling away from the material of the bivvy.m same with the winter skin. 

Took it back to shop on the Monday morning, they sent it back saying I had neglected it and badly treated it!! Never got my money back or a replacement. Will never buy their products again!!! 

Edited by slime_33

Same as with Trakkerproducts, I spent £500 on an armadillo camo bivvy and winter skin. Had to wait 2 weeks for delivery. Picked it up from my local shop. Straight down the lake with it for a weekend session. Started to put up bivvy and all the inside was stuck together and the inner waterproof silicone type liner was pulling away from the material of the bivvy.m same with the winter skin. 

Took it back to shop on the Monday morning, they sent it back saying I had neglected it and badly treated it!! Never got my money back or a replacement. Will never buy their products again!!! 

Edited by slime_33

On 14 August 2017 at 04:48, slime_33 said:

Hi, looking at getting a new sleeping bag to fit my Nash wide boy bedchair. Price not really an issue, so looking for recommendations. It has to be an all season bag. At present I've got a fox 5 season bag which is about 17 years old and using a Trakkerproducts throw over top as well. Looking for a bag those really warm so I don't have to wear layers of clothes!

whats people got and views/recommendations?

thanks for your help 😁

I bought a Wychwood Morpheus Extreme. Love it to bits, it has top and bottom 'flaps' that attach it to your bedchair, but check how wide wide boy is. Zips on either side so you can get out right or left. 

My alternative would be the Gardner Beastie I have seen.