Tubing and Shrink Tube

banjojohn

51 minutes ago, greekskii said:

Can't help. I order and hope. Bank tackle anti tangle sleeves are fine on size 8 swivels. They do theirs in length. 

Shrink tubing normally measured for hooks sizes? Don't know why you'd shrink tube over a swivel though? 

Hi Greekskii , Thanks for the reply , I'll try Bank Tackle ... they seem a good store on ebay ,

I guess when thinking about it you wouldnt shrink tube the swivel , no idea why I thought that :lol: 

21 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

2.4 mm fits over barrels of swivels etc perfectly. 

I'll look for that ... the reason I kinda got the swivel thing messed up is that on the lake I'm fishing you cant use bolt rigs and braid , and its very silty ,

so I was looking at using a light lead on a long mono length connected to a running bead , but without some kind of tubing on it ... its going to tangle ,

Thanks for the number , that will help a lot :) 

13 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Handy for the Ronnie... Vic 

20170809_224223.thumb.jpg.3c34bc390cf8d69347a17d7892677e19.jpg

That looks very tidy ... are them line stops on the hook ? I have no idea what a ronnie is lol ( I've been away from carping for over 20 Years , ) 

Untit.jpg

Edited by banjojohn

sorry for the awful sketch , I was using a mouse to write and draw , it was just to show what I meant on the running rig I was going to do ... and I need tubing for the lead mono length and probably part of the hook length and just before it , theres probably a better way but havent found one yet :shock:

It was size 8 that was mentioned Vic. 

Hi Banjojohn .... i would just go for inline  or pendant running leads .

No need for it to be on a length of line , got tangles written all over it  & the lead will be working against you when playing the fish & depending on the length of your hooklink quite possibly bashing the fish .

If you were to swap the lead & hooklengh positions that would be a helicopter rig .

In my picture.... there called hook beads 

The Ronnie is a pop up rig & very easy to make .

Many thanks all , Its an old method that I used Decades ago but it did tangle unless you carefully placed it out in the margins ,

I'm booked at the lake Tuesday and think I'll go for the inline , flat and about half ounce , with at least a foot hook link ( I'll feel comfortable with the silt that way , ) ,

Also ... can I fish a ronnie in silt ? , I never see it mentioned for that type of lake bed ,

Thanks so much again for all your help :) 

11 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

You can use it with a fluoro rig material, figure of 8 loop knot to create the hinge job done . 

So your lake bans braid as a hooklink material ...you sure its not just as mainline braid ? 

I did query this and the owner said its both , He said it " saws " into there mouth , I tried explaining to him that nowadays braid is much better but he's having non of it , Hes retired and uses a pole so probably thinks that Todays braid is the same as it ever was , 

Also when you mention the figure of 8 loop rig ... do you mean like they do in a stiff hinge rig ? and thanks for your help :) 

4 hours ago, chillfactor said:

If you look at my pic above .... the putty is formed around a figure of 8 knot .

I use a semi stiff coated braid ... You don't want anything to rigid , as you say your fishing silt but a semi stiff fluoro will be fine .

Silt is pretty forgiving with rig choice .

Thanks Chill , I'm going to the tackle shop Today and have made a list of stuff I'll need with your Idea's :) I'll stick a picture up in the next 2 Days to show you the rig outcome , Thanks so much :) 

If you cut the ring off the hook swivel your be looking good fella... micro swivels rather than micro ring swivels. 

You can play around with the bead position as this will change the angle of the hook sitting below the pop up , mount one on & your see what I mean , personally I like mine back slightly so it's more opposite the point .

Just to add depending on your pop ups you might need just a little putty on the shrink tube so it sits right .