Suggestions on a new Bivvy

Hi Everyone getting back into fishing after a long break and looking to do a few overnighters so need to get myself a new Bivvy. 

Anyone got any suggestions on a 2 man Bivvy it's been about 18 years since I last used 1 and it's fair to say they've changed some what and the market seems flooded with options for very reasonable prices. Don't really have a budget in mind the does seem a vast choice at around the £200 mark. 

Thanks Tony

I've had a JRC Sti bivvy for ages and after my last long session decided I needed something a little bigger, so I bought this one from Triton Tackle for a week in France.

https://tritontackle.co.uk/product/tritus-10000hh-super-waterproof-1-5-man-deluxe-bivvy/

I think it's superb, very well made and robust, at least the equal of the JRC and to be honest I think overall it's a lot better.

11 minutes ago, Chippie81 said:

Looks good and great value for money coming with the wrap. 

Is it easy enough to put up on your own? And could you get 2 bedchairs in there comfortably?  

Piece of cake to put up, it's not described as a two man but as a 1 1/2 man :) a big one man in reality. A mate has the two man and is equally impressed.

I have seen the 1 man on the bank and looks well made so can only assume the 2 man will be of the same . Rear vents , overwrap , 2 man bivvy  £219 , the have a video on their web site

Although the add says out of stock ,give them a ring for a delivery of a ne w batch.

https://www.carp-zone.co.uk/carpzone-hurricane-a-s-all-season-two-man-bivvy-with-overwrap-included.html

1 hour ago, harpz_31 said:

I had a jrc sti 2 man and it was awesome

loads of room inside for 2 bedchairs and lasted me years

harpz, I've been using the JRC Sti 2-man for years and there is no way in which it has loads of room for two bedchairs. I treat mine as a 1-man with a little, and I mean little, extra space. Even with the extended wrap, which I bought as an add on, it's still not a 2-man bivvy.

Are you very, very thin?

Ian

I have the JRC STi 2 man and the extended wrap and you can get 2 bedchairs in... it's tight, but do-able... roll back the flaps to the inner doors and put the beds in longways with the feet to the outer doors.... there's not a bivvy out there that will house two big lads comfortably, with space to move freely and store away luggage unless you are willing to pay £500-700 for one of the monster bivvies

im 6'4" and 18 stone and used to use it when I took my nephew fishing and got 2 bed chairs in easily

but it was about 7 years ago maybe my memory isn't as good as I think it is

or maybe my definition of easily isn't the same as yours but got all my gear and 2 bed chairs and room in between the 2 for getting in and out

1 hour ago, bluelabel said:

I have the JRC STi 2 man and the extended wrap and you can get 2 bedchairs in... it's tight, but do-able... roll back the flaps to the inner doors and put the beds in longways with the feet to the outer doors.... there's not a bivvy out there that will house two big lads comfortably, with space to move freely and store away luggage unless you are willing to pay £500-700 for one of the monster bivvies

That's interesting cause 90% of the time I'll be on my own just need the space for the odd time my lad wants to come. So don't really want a monster bivvy. 

I take it then a bed chair fits across the back comfortably? 

I do like the look of the Carp-Zone that Dayvid suggested but my concerns are the 2man is going to be a monster and to big for smaller swims! 

""I do like the look of the Carp-Zone that Dayvid suggested but my concerns are the 2man is going to be a monster and to big for smaller swims!  ""

That is the dilemma you will have  .

If its just for you buy a brolly system , gets in all swims .

If you want a true 2 man with comfort , pick swims that will accommodate it, or buy a smaller tight 2 man and maybe get in the smaller swims but be uncomfortable with 2 of you in their, choices choices   

Yh your not wrong. It's a big decision which is not helped by the vast choice on the market. I don't want to be in the position where I'm sat on the bank wishing I'd got a different bivvy. 

But that said I'm very impressed with what's on the market for not a lot of money. I'd figured that I'd need to spend around £350-£400 to get anything worth while with a wrap. So the fact that there's a couple of decent options for around £200 I'm considering getting a 2 man bivvy and a brolly system for just me during the summer. Plenty of room in the van to take both to the venue and use which ever suits the venue best. 

2 hours ago, Chippie81 said:

So you can get a wide boy and another bedchair inside the JRC STI? 

I got 2 normal bedchairs in mine a wee while ago... head at the back feet at the front side by side... leaves a gap in the middle so both can exit... bought the wideboy cos I'm a big lad... not tried the wideboy plus one... though I think it could be done alongside a std bedchair... might be a bit of a squeeze though