Feedback please been a while since I tied rigs

mitomaniac

Been a few years since I tied rigs just starting to gear up to get fishing again and just wanted feedback on both of these pointers and hints would be great as just want to be sure in doing things right 

obviously one is a multi rig and the other is a blow back rig both of these provided me success on the water I'm going to be fishing last time I was a member the blowback worked best with a wafter and using a pva nugget on the cast as it's a bit silty in places but only a small ish club water so don't want to be lobbing a lead about too much disturbing fish and it's what used to work and the multi worked well near the island margins previously as there's a bit of debris around the edges and it got the bait noticed more.

any feedback would be great as all my confidence is gone with not fishing for a few years 

IMG_0553.JPG

I'd say the multis are tied to sit way too high. IMO the main benefit of the multi is that it can be fished very low to the deck, just above any debris. If you tie them with a smaller loop you can have them sit lower, yet still have the option to move the weight/putty to fish them high if you needed to.

If I want to fish a pop up high I go with a hinged stiffy, they're harder to eject IMO.

The BBs look spot on fella.

Yonny is right, it is a bit high, but it could be fine for over the top of low weed or leaves and sticks depending on the depth. I never normally use over 2 inches off the deck unless I really have to. Closer the better IMO.

I'd also add to put pva foam on the multi as with the length it may tangle on the cast. I use a stiff material (pic in the multi rig thread) to make my pop-up multi rigs now as it performs much like the stiff hinged rig without the swivel.

6 minutes ago, greekskii said:

Yonny is right, it is a bit high, but it could be fine for over the top of low weed or leaves and sticks depending on the depth. I never normally use over 2 inches off the deck unless I really have to. Closer the better IMO.

I'd also add to put pva foam on the multi as with the length it may tangle on the cast. I use a stiff material (pic in the multi rig thread) to make my pop-up multi rigs now as it performs much like the stiff hinged rig without the swivel.

Beat me to it, PVA is a must on them rigs, nightmare for a tangle. I use foam on everything i chuck out these days tbh, better to be safe than sorry.