Longbow df spod rod

Hey guys,

Anyone using the longbow df spod or the spod/marker version?

I notice the dedicated spod is 4.5tc but the spod/marker duo is 4.25. I want to match my longbow rods but cant afford both versions atm, so i guess im asking what would you go for, the 4.25tc or 4.5tc. I doubt ill be trying to hit over 100 yards this year on the lakes ill be fishing. But really dont want to buy the 4.5tc and find its to heavy for marker work or get the4.25tc and find out its to light for spomb work. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Turns out i can now get both rods, or a dedicvated spod and marker. I would have gone for the 4.25tc spod and marker for marker float set up and the 4.5tc spod for spod set up. After reading the above im now thinking of going for 2 x 4.5tc rods. Nail biting stuff as i aint got a clue and ill be stuck with which ever 2 i choose to buy. any info lads, having a brain fart here.

In my head im thinking having the 2 4.5tc versions would be better, going on comments above and also that they should in theory reach the same distance and be the same to use. Also if i break a 4.5tc ill have another as back up for larger somb/smod. But the niggling thing in my head is why would they produce a 4.25tc version is the 4.5tc version was perfect for marker work aswell. I wish the tackle tart in me would do one so i wouldnt have to have the longbows spod/marker set up lol.

ive got the chub outcast spod and markers rods and the spod rod is 5tc not sure about the marker rod but ive had um for years n they still going strong

was like you and was gonna change um when I got some new rods 6 years ago but thought if it aint broke don't fix it n stuck with um