Broadbands lake, Hampshire

Hi all,

In a few weeks I'll be down at my folks for a couple of days and was hoping to try out Broadbands for a day.

Has anyone had any recent experience of the place? Are there any good areas? What's the lake bed like? Are there any good baits or baiting strategies that would work better than others?

I've read a few people mention 'carp alley's. Which part of the lake is this? Is it the north side of the island?

Carp alley is the farthest away from the motorway behind the long island , their is no special swim or bait , you will catch from anywhere on any boilie , although putting a bait within a couple of feet of the island works well

If you have a swim thats fished 24/7 odds say it will produce a few fish just by hours people spend their , but this does not make it the best on the lake , probably the shortest walk from the car makes these the most popular .

I dont fish their very often at all , motor way is to noisy, but when i do, i go far side in Carp alley , always catch never blanked .

10 hours ago, greekskii said:

I think the BT swim produces quickest but the Sky swim isn't far behind it. The fishing is slower the more are on the lake from experience. 

Makes me wonder what the plus net swim would be like. Random line breakages and occasionally being kicked out for no reason. :D

Damn autocorrect. 

8 hours ago, dayvid said:

Carp alley is the farthest away from the motorway behind the long island , their is no special swim or bait , you will catch from anywhere on any boilie , although putting a bait within a couple of feet of the island works well

If you have a swim thats fished 24/7 odds say it will produce a few fish just by hours people spend their , but this does not make it the best on the lake , probably the shortest walk from the car makes these the most popular .

I dont fish their very often at all , motor way is to noisy, but when i do, i go far side in Carp alley , always catch never blanked .

Thanks. I've found a few map online and an article from Carpology that seem to have some good info.

Looking forward to the visit.

sorry I couldnt resist. 

I did a netting on there whilst studying, one spot was between the house and the island, the SW corner of the lake and we had all of the big fish and most of the stock in the net. This was early Feb though so defo a winter holding spot. 

May be of zero help but worth a look.