hooks for 2017

Not sure they need to be a new release from a tackle company

The ESP Cryogens were a nice hook if the patterns suit your rigs, but after several recommendations and the patterns suit my rigs better I'm really impressed with the Atomic Hooks the Trappa and Sabre suit my current presentations perfectly sticky sharp and seem really strong.  :)

I found the ones to be fox arms point hooks but now they've revamped them and I'm just testing them out now. Of the 3 fish I've had on them they seem to be bang on functionality. I'm using the straight point stuff riggers. Super sharp out the pack but my only gripe is they seem to blunt very easily and a bit tough to touch up with a point doctor.

If I ever change then atomic will be my next stop as only ever heard good things and I use a lot of their end tackle

has anyone tried the very dramatically named " eagle claw " looks like they could be hard to sharpen

My mates had a sample pack off Ruben heaton. They look and feel amazing. I think the idea with the honing of them is that they wouldn't need sharpening.

Looking through their extensive catalogue, they have some weird and wonderful patterns for all types of fishing.

If there is any real benifit to using them, only testing them in a real fishing situation would tell.

I got some of the Eagle Claws and did a pretty extensive review on here. You're right, they're very hard to sharpen. They're sharp out of the packet but when you look closely the quality is inconsistent.

https://forum.carp.com/topic/22462-eagle-claw-lazer-trokar-hooks/

I simply cannot look past Atomics. I've tried most and keep coming back to Atomic. Every time I stray I end up regretting it.