ATTs Bite Alarm Battery Life

Hello, I'm currently in a bit of a pickle and would appreciate some feedback. I've had 2 alarms stop working properly due to the low battery warning, so I purchased new batteries and after a few days it happened again. I recently purchased another set of batteries for all 4 of my alarms (installed the snag back kit, great stuff btw) and I'm now doing a test to see how long the batteries last in all 4 of my alarms at the same time.

Trying to decide if the alarms need servicing or it was just bad luck with the previous batteries. In any event, I'm currently at over 30 hours of continued use and all 4 are working fine. To help compare my results, does anyone have any idea how long these (ATTs Underlit Wheel Alarm) should work if left on 24/7 (without putting the case on, rolling the wheels once in a while, etc) ? Thank you for any comments.

I've got the older version with just the light rather than the underlit wheel, but shouldn't think there's much difference on power usage. I have just changed the batteries in mine after 4 years ! & they were still working just thought I bettter change them, glad I did as there was a little corrosion starting from the old battery.

I use the ATTx dongles and sounder with my Delkims, and battery life can vary.

I use a decent battery in the receiver, so I know I will get at least a year out of that.

However the batteries for the dongles are a different matter. Some last ages, over 6months, yet others I may change every trip, depending on where I get them from

Buy decent quality batteries, don't do ebay specials, get them from a decent supplier, and that does NOT always include a tackle shop (sorry!)

If you buy the batteries supplied by Gardner you should be ok, but other cheapies are not as good. Probably the best place to get batteries for almost everything is possibly Maplins

battery life should be the same in both att versions as they have only moved the position of the led. they will run down if you don't fit covers when not using. like phil mine last ages and you can pick them up off ebay real cheap. I keep spares and a small descent screwdriver in buzzbar bag. receiver tends to last about a year + on a Duracell AA. my guess would be you should get 50 days + on a battery.