matching spod rods?

Hey guys,

After a long break and having to buy everything from scratch this year I'm now looking at spod and marker rods. My current carp rods are 3.5lb Daiwa longbows. I love these rods, the tackle tart in me wants matching longbow spod and marker rods. This Is doable but will take a while to get as they are over £200 each, when you add reels and braid it just goes up and up. I'm starting to realise that in my current situation that amount of money is just to much much considering what I've spent over the Las couple of months rebuilding my kit. I have noticed the Daiwa emcast and whisker spod rods are a lot cheaper. Do you guys think that these cheaper Daiwa rods will be ok? I'm no big caster, even on a large water I be more comfortable finding features in short range rather than ove 100 yard. The one thing I don't want is to buy a cheaper spod rod then find out they arnt going to keep up with my longbows. If you don't rate the emcast or whisker spods can you recommend any others for under £100.

Dovii!

• 4 weeks later...

anyone...................................

been doing a lot of reading on spod and marker rods for under £100. the 2 that i keep looking at are:

sonik SKS black spod rod priced at around £60

fox warrior DS spod rod priced at around £65

but i have read some amazing reviews for the nash entity duo spod/maker rod priced at around £130, i dont mind spending a bit extra for a better built rod, but if im going to spend £130 then im thinking why not go the extra mile and get the longbow df spod rod for £220 to match my normal rods. really struggling, would appreciate some advice on this or any info on the above rods???

Like any rod, in general you'll get what you pay for. If you spod a lot, and at distance, spend the extra. If you seldom spod, or do so at shorter ranges, go for the cheaper option.

Most cheaper rods now are more than fit for the purpose. There's no need to spend mega bucks unless you require serious performance.

IMO.