carp fishing south eastish?

hey guys,

currently looking at options within a 100 miles of london. most of my fishing is done on socials, a right laugh but can be a headache trying to find lakes that suit everyone. there are a few boxes that need ticking and to be honest im struggling. below is a list of things that 1 or more of the guys i fish with are looking for.

lake size up to 20 acre

allows night fishing

swims available on a pre booking basis

the lake doesnt need numerous fatties but a few 30lb + fish

decent food both breakfast and dinner

within 100  miles of london

and thats about it. we are not after a heavily stocked venue, and something a bit scenic, more of a mature venue.

thanks for any info,

Dovii!

Can I ask why you would like to pre book a swim ? The fish couldn't be at the other end of the lake .

i was waiting for this, thought it would have been CM  :wink:

we fish in a group on socials, we have had problems before where we have turnt up somewhere after a very long drive and had to fish a million miles from each other. if i was to like the look of a lake then returning on my own would be better if i could be mobile and move onto fish. while i know this is what some will say lazy fishing, but it is as much about having a laugh on these socials as catching fish.

On everything you've asked for bar being able to book swims Farlows would fit the bill.

I'd imagine you'd be ok fishing midweek and being able to find pegs together, depending on numbers.

Think its 27 acres, mature gravel pit, lots of islands, bars, plateaus and gullies, quiet intimate bays to big open water areas. Fish to over 40lb with plenty in the 30lb bracket. Cafe on site that does breakfasts and dinners. As well as take aways that deliver.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I would go down the exclusive lake hire route in that case mate .

exclusive lakes are defo an option. dont get me wrong there has been times where the swims have been dead and its done my nut in to be tied to an area of the lake, im currently looking at syndicates for myself so i can get a campaign going and fish on my own with the option of being able to move. we are quite lucky on our current lake as its only 5 acre and the size and nature of lake means unless in extreme weather you would be very unlucky to not get a chance at the fish moving through on a 48 hour.

On everything you've asked for bar being able to book swims Farlows would fit the bill.

I'd imagine you'd be ok fishing midweek and being able to find pegs together, depending on numbers.

Think its 27 acres, mature gravel pit, lots of islands, bars, plateaus and gullies, quiet intimate bays to big open water areas. Fish to over 40lb with plenty in the 30lb bracket. Cafe on site that does breakfasts and dinners. As well as take aways that deliver.

t5hat sounds right up my street mate, ill have a look, thanks.

Dovii how many of you would be fishing?

I'm down there Monday evening on an overnight and then a few days the following week. I'll have a gauge whether you'd be able to plot up together.

minimum 3, max 6 mate.

3-4 I'd imagine on what I've seen would be fine, some may end up with not much water to fish. I'll have a proper look though the next few times I'm down.

Wraysbury may be another, some hate what they've done to the iconic venue, not sure on cafe etc but know they've been building a club house etc.

Again decent size pit, near junction 13 on m25.

I've been down to see it on a charity bash and it's a stunning venue and only available pre-booked, not sure whether that includes booking swims.

Dovii was down Farlows last night. You'd have got 3-4 on next to each other comfortably. Will let you know again when I'm down for a few days next week. If you get lucky, there are a few proper social swims, with picnic tables behind. Every time I've been they've been taken.

Dovii was down Farlows last night. You'd have got 3-4 on next to each other comfortably. Will let you know again when I'm down for a few days next week. If you get lucky, there are a few proper social swims, with picnic tables behind. Every time I've been they've been taken.

nice one man. ill show the lads the website on our trip this weekend. thanks again.