problem threading braid

kezza106

hi guys

iv'e just started carp fishing and have caught a few already

but all my rigs are bought ones so i want to make my own rigs

the problem i have is passing the braid thro the second time on a knotless knot braid is 12lb bs and the hooks are middy e003 size 10s

is there any trick or easier way to do this

cheers and tight lines kezza

Ive never suffered this problem but thinking about it I don,t see why you could not use a Diamond threader...although if you were too heavy handed it could damage the braid?

is that the sort you use to thread needles?

:wink:

Reckon that be the one :wink:

It sounds like the hooks you are using are match carp hooks although i may be wrong. If thats the case just buy some hooks aimed at carp fishing like Korda wide gapes or ESP Raptors.

thanks for your info mate seems theres a minefield of hooks out there, i'll take your suggestion and get some of the well known makes :wink::D

Hi

I have had that same problem just recently, with being a previous pole fisherman i have a couple of diamond threaders and have used them to pass the braid through.

It does work but it is still very tricky as the braid then doubles over and you have to pull it quite tight to get through, diamond threaders are metal so they will easly damage the braid.

I think the answer is to buy the bigger eyed hooks, i use the Nash Fang Xsize 10s i use these with 12lb braid and you could get away with a heavier braid still.

Hope this helps!

just get a lenght of light mono, double up the ends, push it through the eye, slide your braid into the loop and pull through

brilliant

although ive got some well known hooks so no more problems :oops:

even had a 14lb mirror on them :D:D

thanks to all for your help and tips

tight lines.. kezza