big catfishing lakes

Jimmy .

Crow Green Fishery , Brentwood Essex.

Some of the biggest Cats in the country 100lb+ .

I fished it myself ( for Carp ) for a long time a few years ago .

• 1 month later...

Jimmy .

Crow Green Fishery , Brentwood Essex.

Some of the biggest Cats in the country 100lb+ .

I fished it myself ( for Carp ) for a long time a few years ago .

This lake is only 15mins from me and I used to fish the lake all the time some years ago and have just started fishing it again after learning that the owner Jason had widened the lake and done a lot of work on it,I have done 3 48hr sessions on the lake in the past 8weeks,on my 1st session I had 3carp all over 20lb the biggest being a common of 25lb and what I regard as a small catfish of 17.5lb but in the same session my brother had a catfish at 61lb and also lost another sizeable one,in the other 2 sessions no carp but a few catfish but nothing of any size just mid teens,but if you want to to catch a monster catfish this is the lake to fish as on one of the sessions I fished a cat of 102lb was reportedly caught although I personally did not witness it,however I did see one at 88.5lb caught when I took a wander round one day,there are truly some monster cats in this lake so well worth a go.

Just a note in order to night fish the lake you need to do a few day sessions on the lake so that the owners Jason & Karen get to know you that is one of there rules,also has an electric gate that closes at 7pm and don't re-open until 7am so the car park and lake is very secure,well maintained lake and very friendly and helpful owners,highly recommend

This lake is only 15mins from me and I used to fish the lake all the time some years ago and have just started fishing it again after learning that the owner Jason had widened the lake and done a lot of work on it,I have done 3 48hr sessions on the lake in the past 8weeks,on my 1st session I had 3carp all over 20lb the biggest being a common of 25lb and what I regard as a small catfish of 17.5lb but in the same session my brother had a catfish at 61lb and also lost another sizeable one,in the other 2 sessions no carp but a few catfish but nothing of any size just mid teens,but if you want to to catch a monster catfish this is the lake to fish as on one of the sessions I fished a cat of 102lb was reportedly caught although I personally did not witness it,however I did see one at 88.5lb caught when I took a wander round one day,there are truly some monster cats in this lake so well worth a go.

Just a note in order to night fish the lake you need to do a few day sessions on the lake so that the owners Jason & Karen get to know you that is one of there rules,also has an electric gate that closes at 7pm and don't re-open until 7am so the car park and lake is very secure,well maintained lake and very friendly and helpful owners,highly recommend

I turned it in cos there were getting to be too many nobs fishing over there , especially at weekends .

Mind you that was before he widened the lake so things hopefully improved after .

Had some nice Grassies out of the Car Park lake over the years.

I know Jimmyboy is booked on there in august so good luck Jim :wink:

I turned it in cos there were getting to be too many nobs fishing over there , especially at weekends .

Mind you that was before he widened the lake so things hopefully improved after .

Had some nice Grassies out of the Car Park lake over the years.

I know Jimmyboy is booked on there in august so good luck Jim :wink:

Your right about getting idiots there but now They won't just let anyone night fish the lake you must be a regular now,however it does not stop them during the day granted! But let's be honest you get them wherever you go its just life on day ticket waters unfortunately.

Weekend fishing! To be honest I never do any weekend fishing as most places get rammed especially in the summer,I do all my fishing midweek as I work shifts I get quite a lot of my days off during the week so works well for me

Yes quite correct mate . He's always had that 'regulars' only rule but he's not that strict with it .

My young nephew has fished it 3 times since it re-opened in March no questions asked and Jimmyboy , as i say , is booked on in August and he's never even been there before :)

Yes quite correct mate . He's always had that 'regulars' only rule but he's not that strict with it .

My young nephew has fished it 3 times since it re-opened in March no questions asked and Jimmyboy , as i say , is booked on in August and he's never even been there before :)

Strange that,the last couple of times I have been on there on 3 occasions people asked about booking for night fishing while Karen his wife was there and was told that you have to become a regular to night fish and while I agree Jason can be a bit of a soft touch his missus certainly won't let people on she don't know from my experience,and by the sounds of it JImmys percistance paid off 10 emails lol,I hope you hit it well mate and that you get one of them big cats Meooooooow! Lol