Carp in the lower Severn

also heres a post i found on another forum...

River

The river severn holds some cracking Carp now...many of which have come out of different pools during flooding... Stretches...Pitchcroft race course just next to worcester city town...good carp and barble have been caught...

The salwarpe mouth which hits the river severn just up from claines on the dual carriage way...salwarpe runs underneath carriageway and across 2 fields then hits the severn...ive seen 2 Carp landed for 60lb on the mouth and ive taken Carp to 15lb and barble to 10lb from there...

Dnt forget the canal... Better section is droitwich..handbury..section behind the tip...lots of carp there.g.upto 28lb...

they are so nomadic and this guys not an experienced river carper, many problems with the lower sections of a tidal river, not to put him off, but I reckon his chances are non existent, wrong river, if there had been any captures of note, BAA, would be boasting about it.

couple of things the middle Severn isn't tidal the tidal range reaches up to Tewkesbury anything above that and your fine. Not that fishing the tidal part should put you off as there are big fish to be had below Tewkesbury. I know of a few spots that produce with some effort on your part ,if your interested pm me for some info :wink: Edited by chillfactor

Wow amazing replies thanks I will be going for barbel but my main aim is to catch a river carp pre baiting and time is on my side so not worried there I've been told the stretch above Tewksbury is a good bet as there was a carp pool now Upton marina which emptied into the river when they created the marina opening. I will pm the two others be nice to chat and I'm not adverse to a companion I like abit of company.

On the tidal front I was under the impression carp thrive in brakish water as per the Belgium canals some massive catches their I believe carp are caught it's just these river guys less inclined to give away their secrets;)

Ive had some good carp from lower severn last october had 13 bites in 2 day sessions in a row landed 11 carp too 26.5 pound, epic fight from the biggie i felt like Jeremy wade most of the bites came on high tide as the water was right up no prebaiting all caught on bottom baits with no freebies i think i just hit the jackpot with the spot i was fishing, i don't want too say exactly where it was but i will say it was fishing close too marginal snags. Don't fish without a leader on lower severn.

Chillfactor you can tell people the spots you advise i doubt their gonna put a bait in the exact spot i was fishing although it was quite an obvious spot and a few lads fish it anyway. I had one from stanchards as well on a choddy too the back of the boats. But all others from a different spot on the tidal stretch.