Naked chod

boliecrazy69

Right...not to clued up on these but here goes.

Is it possible to use my mainline-Korda 15lb sublime and insert the beads and cod and connect the lead to the mainline, a couple of blobs of putty to pin it down.

Is this how you perform the naked chod. I know there is more components but that a short description.

Is this strong?

Thanks

Sounds about right to me, its essentially a helicopter rig using just the mainline, the 1 thing you need to watch is the fact that swivel that connects the hooklink is running on your main line so you run the chance of cracking off if it grates through the line, to combat this you can use something home made using beads and tubing to house the rig (there are a couple of threads via the search that cover this in more detail pics included), a chod bead which basically houses the rig and stops it grating on the line or something like a fox heli sleeve which has a thin piece of tubing that comes of the lead sleeve so when in carp battle mode the link slides onto the tubing off the sleeve to stop it grating.

Right here goes :)

You can slip a Korda sinker on the line . The top bead goes over it .

Followed by your rig etc .

Then a second sinker and bead .

Followed by your lead and however you fix it .

Of course there are now "naked chod kit"s available nowadays but above is how i've been doing it for years.

Hope it helped :wink:

perfect, so if I do as normal and thread my mainline through my eyes of my rods etc.

thread the sinkers onto my line, then put the chod onto my line and then another sinker with a bead over the top and then my lead?

another option to prevent the grating as what hutch said is to thread say a meter of tubing over my main line and set it up that way?

thanks