Carp fishing trip (adventure) abroad

joshcowin

Hi their I'm wanting to go on a carp fishing trip abroad with a friend for between 2 and 3 months away in about 3-4 years time.we are thinking of France,Belgium,Germany and holland fishing the large canals and park lakes (similar to urban banx euro) but don't have a clue where to start on fishing locations so I need all the help you can give many thanks. Josh

Can only help a bit in France. Try googling the acronym  "AAPPMA" followed by the French department you are in. e.g Google AAPPMA 31 for Haute Garonne. You should then see the site of the fishing association for that region and it will list all the public lakes they cover and a very brief description. It will also give the rules and regs for that area. It is all in French so if you do not speak it just use Google translate. It is not very good but gives you a good idea.

You will need a fishing licence (carte de peche) which will allow you up to four rods. There are several versions of the license but the one you want costs €95 and is called  carte personne majeure and allows you to fish in nearly every department.They are available on line from the above mentioned sites or in most tackle shops.

One thing to remember is make sure you know the laws at the places you intend fishing,they can be a lot different to ours but they're laws nonetheless and some places will be quite rigid as regards bending them a little.I watched one of John Timmermans' vids and they were fishing a French lake and a carp got snagged and so they took to the boat as you would.Only thing is boats were not allowed.luckily the garde peche (sp) were understanding as regards what would have happened to said fish if they hadn't have done so,others may not be so understanding.John Timmermans vids are a great watch by the way :)

One thing to remember is make sure you know the laws at the places you intend fishing,they can be a lot different to ours but they're laws nonetheless and some places will be quite rigid as regards bending them a little.I watched one of John Timmermans' vids and they were fishing a French lake and a carp got snagged and so they took to the boat as you would.Only thing is boats were not allowed.luckily the garde peche (sp) were understanding as regards what would have happened to said fish if they hadn't have done so,others may not be so understanding.John Timmermans vids are a great watch by the way :)

Have to say i've noticed Biv , you do like a video :)

been mostly stuck indoors mate for one reason or another over the last year or so and the vids are a quick fishing fix.Never realised how much garbage there is on the telly :(

I dont get the time to watch all these blogs and video's Biv ( though i'd like to ) but i know about the being stuck indoors :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Josh as davew says your a bit premature google fishing in france / belgum /spain /holland ETC i have fished all these place and a few more depends on what your looking for? there are fishing companys that do the whole package or you can drive and survive. if you fish Spain you need a liecence which you get from the town hall in advance if you get caught whithout one look forward to all your gear and car confiscated. There are some big lakes in holland we fished the rivers all sorts in them. look at angling lines web site.good luck for the future. by the way i'm 69 and still go twice a year grab it while you can. the best thing in the world is chasing the PB at the moment mines 57BL

Cliff