West Midlands

I'm from & live in the West Midlands & I can honestly say I've been to 3 pool's, which are Foxhills which is shocking I'll never go their again & then to Willo Marsh which was great, & then my dad took me to a place but have no idea what it was called. So I was wondering has anybody got any good places to go?

Cordon, where in the West Midlands do you live, do you have you're own transport and how far are you willing to travel?

If you rely on your Dad for transport how far is he prepared to drive you?

You're spoiled for choice on day ticket waters. Meantime, take a look at www.Fisheries.co.uk......plenty to go at, mate.

Ian

Have a look at Pine Pool at Kingsbury Water Park, no nights allowed but good fish to go at. Willesley Pool near Ashby de la Zouch is well worth a visit and only 30 minutes drive from Brum. Nights allowed but busy at weekends.

Barston Lake is pretty much a runs water and allows nights, you will catch fish here. Just up the road is Lavender Hall Fishery. Several waters, a cracking café/tackle shop and you can do nights on the specimen pool.

Packington Somers, near Meriden, has several good waters all of which are worth a look, no nights.

If you need more just ask, mate.

Ian

Have a look at Pine Pool at Kingsbury Water Park, no nights allowed but good fish to go at. Willesley Pool near Ashby de la Zouch is well worth a visit and only 30 minutes drive from Brum. Nights allowed but busy at weekends.

Barston Lake is pretty much a runs water and allows nights, you will catch fish here. Just up the road is Lavender Hall Fishery. Several waters, a cracking café/tackle shop and you can do nights on the specimen pool.

Packington Somers, near Meriden, has several good waters all of which are worth a look, no nights.

If you need more just ask, mate.

Ian

Thanks

• 6 years later...

Hello folks does any one have any info on pike in any of the parks around Birmingham . I carp fish shard end ,fox hollies and Babbs mill but want to pike fish a few waters this winter .

Any pointers will be greatly received. I’d fish any water I’m not put off by the area etc ..  I’d even try small Heath park 😬😊👍🏻Thanks 

On 08/12/2020 at 15:18, Solihull angler said:

Hello folks does any one have any info on pike in any of the parks around Birmingham . I carp fish shard end ,fox hollies and Babbs mill but want to pike fish a few waters this winter .

Any pointers will be greatly received. I’d fish any water I’m not put off by the area etc ..  I’d even try small Heath park 😬😊👍🏻Thanks 

Have you had a look at Lifford Reservoir, Stirchley? The entrance is off Tunnel Lane, right beside Lifford Hall.

Some good pike in there, some cracking carp, too. It's owned by Birmingham City Council.

Ian.

I’ve not fished lifford yet as it’s opposite side of town to me . However I’ve heard of the pike and seen pics of the carp in there . 
I shall defo give it a go 😊👍🏻Thank you 

I looked at Tritiford as well but was told no pike are present . I’ve seen some good carp in there if you know the place . Around the islands 👍🏻😊

2 hours ago, Solihull angler said:

I’ve not fished lifford yet as it’s opposite side of town to me . However I’ve heard of the pike and seen pics of the carp in there . 
I shall defo give it a go 😊👍🏻Thank you 

I looked at Tritiford as well but was told no pike are present . I’ve seen some good carp in there if you know the place . Around the islands 👍🏻😊

I've walked around Tritiford a couple of times, spotted some decent carp but I've never heard mention of pike in there.

Have a look at Olton Mere. Definately good pike in there. Don't know who runs the angling on there, though.

Ian.