Leicestershire

Scotty...sure you'll get loads. I know Cromwell is in that area and has a good head of decent fish.

I have to admire your enthusiasm if you've just changed from general coarse to focus on carp.

Most big fish waters can be difficult to fish, with lots of weed and fewer fish but those in there are bigger. I did the same after about 10 months of making the change and found myself way out of my depth.

I'd personally suggest finding a lake with a good head of fish and getting used to your new gear and gain confidence in your rigs and approach.

It will probably benefit you more longer term than jumping on a lake with big fish to begin.

Handling fish of that size safely comes with practise so getting a few mid-high doubles first will help.

Scotty...sure you'll get loads. I know Cromwell is in that area and has a good head of decent fish.

I have to admire your enthusiasm if you've just changed from general coarse to focus on carp.

Most big fish waters can be difficult to fish, with lots of weed and fewer fish but those in there are bigger. I did the same after about 10 months of making the change and found myself way out of my depth.

I'd personally suggest finding a lake with a good head of fish and getting used to your new gear and gain confidence in your rigs and approach.

It will probably benefit you more longer term than jumping on a lake with big fish to begin.

Handling fish of that size safely comes with practise so getting a few mid-high doubles first will help.

I have experience with bigger fish mate just only used to carp fish a few times a year....been drayton a couple of times and that was an experience lol but yea I get were your coming from mate.

Like I say mate, certainly not trying to knock you for wanting to go after them but the lakes are more difficult to fish.

I will say throwing yourself in at the deep end can speed up your learning but there are a few who post on here who are relatively new and have struggled to catch and that gets disheartening.

I coarse fished for 20+years before changing just under two years a go and trying to offer advice based on experience.

By all means challenge yourself but maybe find a local club with some decent waters with a good head of carp and fish a place like cromwell every so often to challenge yourself and find out what areas of your fishing need improvement.