Mono hooklink with Mono hair

adders60

Mmmmm....so, come on then theo , whats this wonderful tangle free wonder rig that you're prepared to give away ?

After all , i'd hate to think that all that fretting and spending etc was for nothing ?

I mean , youre obviously dying to divulge lol

Mmmmm....so, come on then theo , whats this wonderful tangle free wonder rig that you're prepared to give away ?

After all , i'd hate to think that all that fretting and spending etc was for nothing ?

I mean , youre obviously dying to divulge lol

I have posted all the details on here mate just scroll up or down I'm not typing it all out again cos I'm off down the lake, wish me luck

(Nash chain reaction on the hair) :wink:

Gents,

Please, all of you. I know, don't argue, be nice, play fair.

Now I have edited this thread to remove some of the comments, and if I have deleted anything on the rig details of relevance, I apologise.

Hopefully it makes sense, and still works.

have not shown any evidence that any of them are superior to a PVA nugget.

When was the last time you put a few of your beloved nuggets in a water tank mate?

Reeling in to find snotty white residue all over your hookpoint, as well as seeing, every day I went past my tank the same expensive 'premium brand' nuggets floating there after several weeks kinda put me off the things a bit somehow  :roll:

When was the last time you put a few of your beloved nuggets in a water tank mate?

Reeling in to find snotty white residue all over your hookpoint, as well as seeing, every day I went past my tank the same expensive 'premium brand' nuggets floating there after several weeks kinda put me off the things a bit somehow  :roll:

I had some nuggets that I knew were fresh in my tackle box, but only a few so I threw them away, well out my bedroom window. It has since rained, had storms etcs, but the sad remains of a few of the nuggets are still stuck on the lead flashing.

i have doubted that all of them dissolve properly, and in fact I think that some baits have been zig rigged without anglers realising it. After casting in when using them, I was only ever happy if I could see the nugget come to the surface after breaking away from the hook. The ducks on the lake would then be picking up the mush, :roll:  :P  :wink:  :mrgreen:

I have used drennan 12lb double strength with simple knotless knot on many occasions and can't say I can remember it ever letting me down,even with fish upto 34lb in extremely weedy water

I will say that if I use mono its the only mono I use for simple carp rigs

I have used the 8lb double strength on waters with the average stamp of fish 14-15lb and never had problems with that either

I had dreadful problems with 8lb double strength and found it to be the worst material I have ever used, snapping at a measured 3-4lbs