Solar running rig rings what buffer bead

adders60

I am about to try the Solar running rig rings, Eazi Glide versions

What buffer bead can I use that will stay on to the tungsten rig tubing

I have the small Korda ones but I think you have to glue them on to the tubing if not the tubing comes out

The Korda rig sleeves are not fat enough to stop the ring sliding over so they are not a choice, any ideas ??

Note: not using tubing is not an option ( club rules )

I dont use tubing or leaders of any description so i admit im having difficulty trying to visualise your probkem adds , however since i always use running set ups myself am i right in saying that by buffer bead you mean the thingy thing that stops the lead running down to the hooklink ? :)

Most tackle firms , i believe anyway , do complete running set ups so i would imagine that their rig tubing fits their terminal tackle ?

Ie solar rig tube =solar buffer beads .

Then again i might be talking utter rubbish .

As a sidenote , why would a club insist on tubing ? Or am i going to get that old chestnut about mainline damaging the fish's flanks ? :roll:

Just a thought but i wonder if the gardner beads might do the trick ? They have a tapered bore so providing the rig tubing was cut to a point , it MIGHT fit nicely into the bead ?

Yes club rule is leader or tubing no naked lines sadly

The Korda bead fits the tubing but you have to glue it in if not the tubing comes out

I have just watched the Keith Moors you tube running rig clip, he uses some ESP parts which I have ordered, I can make them work I think.

Ordered: Enterprise run rings with safe clips, ESP helicopter sleeves and some ESP anti tangle booms which is what he uses. They look a neat idea and will work with the tungsten tubing as well ( he uses naked )

Yeah moorsey knows what he's talking about .

Actually ive only just started using the run rings myself , up until recently i used to just run the lead up the line using the leads swivel but i thought the run rings might run a bit smoother and mean the fish might not feel as much resistance .

Lo behold a new biggest carp first time out on a total screamer so i think they work :wink:

Just to add a little bit to your thread mr adds , i've never seen em mentioned on here but gardner , fox and solar all sell running lead clips which can turn a semi-fixed set up into a running rig (and vice versa) in about 2 seconds and they are very very good indeed .

I have the small Korda ones but I think you have to glue them on to the tubing if not the tubing comes out

The Korda rig sleeves are not fat enough to stop the ring sliding over so they are not a choice, any ideas ??

Solar did do the http://www.solartackle.co.uk/products/rig-gear?ptitle=bullet-buffer-beads_159 to fit their gear, but rubber tulip beads also work:

http://www.tacklebox.co.uk/terminal-tackle/beads/anchor-rubber-tulip-beads.html

I found that occasionally all of the tubing pulls out of the beads (hence part of my choice for going naked, but these beads seem to work best and take most tubing. I suppose it is possible to safely glue the tubing into the bead, (the run ring will ensure the lead is able to come off, and in the event of a mainline snap it usually goes at the hooklink swivel) but then the tubing after a while will possibly crack at the bead.

Solar did do the http://www.solartackle.co.uk/products/rig-gear?ptitle=bullet-buffer-beads_159 to fit their gear, but rubber tulip beads also work:

http://www.tacklebox.co.uk/terminal-tackle/beads/anchor-rubber-tulip-beads.html

I found that occasionally all of the tubing pulls out of the beads (hence part of my choice for going naked, but these beads seem to work best and take most tubing. I suppose it is possible to safely glue the tubing into the bead, (the run ring will ensure the lead is able to come off, and in the event of a mainline snap it usually goes at the hooklink swivel) but then the tubing after a while will possibly crack at the bead.

What nigel suggested will sort the tubing out dunno why i didnt think of that doh !...cos i dont do tubing i spose but do you know the problem i find with some of these buffer beads is that the hooklink swivels fit into 'em a little TOO snugly .

And we know what happens then :(

If I want tubing to stay in any sort of bead I just pass it through and blob the end with a lighter. No need to glue and it stays in tight.

And why didn't I think of that :roll::oops::shock:

Possibly cos of the worry of finding the hole after, but considering I bell the end of the plastic inserts on inline leads in that manner to hold the sleeve on, I should know better :wink: