catch 22 lake in norfolk

muftyboy

Fished it twice last year and quite a few times about 15 years ago. I like the place but it ain't easy, had a lovely 20lb mirror there on my last trip by hurling a method ball into the middle at night, I get the impression a greater percentsge of the fish come out at night. There is a lot of bream, or I'm great at catching them, one of the two. I reckon it'd be hard work this time of year but there are some lumps if u can persuade one to feed.

Fished it twice last year and quite a few times about 15 years ago. I like the place but it ain't easy, had a lovely 20lb mirror there on my last trip by hurling a method ball into the middle at night, I get the impression a greater percentsge of the fish come out at night. There is a lot of bream, or I'm great at catching them, one of the two. I reckon it'd be hard work this time of year but there are some lumps if u can persuade one to feed.

cheers pearbo, i always fish at least one rod on the method now so thats a good starting point, im thinking about having a go for the perch on one rod as there is supposed to be some big old stripeys in there, can you drive close to your swims there mate or is it a trek.

cheers mufty

You'll want a barrow mate, never thought about the perch but there was a bit in improve your coarse fishing a couple of years ago and the bloke had a 20lb carp, a big bream and a 3lb roach in the article. He was fishing maggot feeder I believe. Some monstrous eels in there suposidly and quite a few tench.

• 2 weeks later...
they allways look great on the website :D , its a bit bigger than im used to fishing , have to get some casting practise in case i need it.

:)

mufty

Yes i know what you mean about looking great on the website fished a complex in mid cambridgeshire near St Ives :roll: will not be wasting my time there again. As for catch 22 i would try other forums for info, or googling it to see what has been posted. :?:

they allways look great on the website :D , its a bit bigger than im used to fishing , have to get some casting practise in case i need it.

:)

mufty

Yes i know what you mean about looking great on the website fished a complex in mid cambridgeshire near St Ives :roll: will not be wasting my time there again. As for catch 22 i would try other forums for info, or googling it to see what has been posted. :?:

ive had a look on a couple of other forums and the general rumour is that they lost a hell of a lot of fish in a flood a couple of years back, but if we listened to all the rumours about most lakes then we probably hardly ever go fishing.

mufty