Jacobs Creek

Fished there a couple of weeks ago, Knew it was weedy as i asked the baliff he said it was'nt that bad well if thats the case i would'nt want to see his bad lol

If i was a touch lighter :wink: i reckon i could of walked from one side to the other. Completly choked with weed, hardly any clear spots and of the 3 fish i caught which the biggest was 1olb, none of them fought because they were smothered in weed. Surely its down to the managment there to atleast make it fishable before taking money off us fishermen?? :evil:

Sorry maybe not "unfishable" but certainly not enjoyable and and isn't that the point of fishing is to enjoy it. It was a chore and every time I reeled I am I was full of dread.

Tbh we didn't tell the management we just wanted to go we left way before when we were supposed to. it was that disheartening. :cry:

Sorry maybe not "unfishable" but certainly not enjoyable and and isn't that the point of fishing is to enjoy it. It was a chore and every time I reeled I am I was full of dread.

Tbh we didn't tell the management we just wanted to go we left way before when we were supposed to. it was that disheartening. :cry:

I understand that you didn't enjoy it, and i respect that you did't complain.

You may not have enjoyed it, but others may enjoy that kind of fishing. Would be like me complaining after playing a round of golf that it was boring. I havent fished a weedy water in years, and would love too!

The Main Lake and Jacobs Creek are absolutely jam packed with weed, some swims in summer on the main lake are unfishable, and I do mean it in the proper sense.

Now my view on Jacobs Creek is that it is not quite as the management say about it, and the management view that it is jam packed with 30's is not quite the truth.

I understand the analogy about golf, but then I find golf hard to comprehend, why whack a ball from one end f a course to the other, attempting to put it into 18 little holes, and I find golf boring, whereas fishing is not.

The thing with Jacobs Creek is that it is very weedy, and you have to be able to deal with fishing in the weed. To my mind you should ALWAYS walk around a lake before you fish. You should be able to fit into the surroundings, and your abilities and skills should match. Yes, you should try to improve, to get better, which sometimes means taking a bite bigger than you can chew, but if you had looked around Jacobs Creek beforehand then you would know what to expect, and made the choice to fish it or not.

It's easy to say you should walk round the lake but when you live an hour away sometimes you have to take the word of the management and go on the strength of that.

I had fished the lake 5 years ago when it was the owners private lake reserved for friends and family and it was Weedy then but nowhere near as bad as it is now.