Carp waters in cumbria/Carlisle area

• 2 months later...

they have one lake which is open to non-residents,still holds some good carp, specimen perch,pike and tench aswell if thats your bag.

on the other hand four of us went on a short break fri-mon for 80 notes each, we only used the caravan for a shower!![/img]

last i heard lonsdale park was for caravan residents only. if you can travel , you could always join windermere and ambleside angling association.40 quid a year for about 6 waters.

Windermere and Ambleside is a great ticket, or was until this year.

Otters have decimated the Carp stocks on some of the waters over the winter, none more so than Cleabarrow, hence the price being reduced to about £25 this year.

Still a cheap ticket and worth a look, but just bear the above in mind.

• 1 year later...
last i heard lonsdale park was for caravan residents only. if you can travel , you could always join windermere and ambleside angling association.40 quid a year for about 6 waters.

Windermere and Ambleside is a great ticket, or was until this year.

Otters have decimated the Carp stocks on some of the waters over the winter, none more so than Cleabarrow, hence the price being reduced to about £25 this year.

Still a cheap ticket and worth a look, but just bear the above in mind.

the price ain't been reduced to £25 and cleabarrow has been restocked and has an otter fence now must admit I don't think there are hardly any fish left in holehird but they are the only waters affected