Seeking Shadows & Underwater 7

carefulcarping

Im sure many anglers had both of these DVD's on their Christmas list last year, as they where both highly anticipated to make very good watching.

I have recently just finished watching both of them, and well, I was impressed by both of them...

Seeking Shadows;

As it was Martin Bowler, I was expecting truly amazing footage after watching his series of catching the impossible, and he really didn't dissapoint.

Truly awesome underwater footage, and put across his campaign on a syndicate in the deepest darkest dorset.

Showing his sessions on his syndicate, watching him and a few others land some magnificent carp on a water most other anglers would love to get a ticket on.

And not just a Carp DVD, other species such as perch and Blue sharks, which gave the DVD variety and experience in more than one field of angling.

Just made one great DVD and a pleasure to watch, would recommend it to anybody!

Korda Underwater 7.

Again, as it was the Korda boys, and their previous successful underwater DVD's, i had high hopes for this DVD...It didn't disappoint.

After hearing they would be heading over to fish St John's, it immediately had my attention, even though i have never fished St John's, I have a decent understanding that it can be a tricky water, but with some big fish in and alot of stunning carp too, which are heavily pressured.

It was obvious that they would have an advantage on the lake over every day anglers, by having the swim booked for a couple of weeks and being able to introduce alot of bait to get the fish feeding and get them comfortable, but lets be honest, if they hadn't of had the advantage, it could of made for a boring DVD?

I enjoyed this DVD so much more as the underwater camera was of such a high quality and you could make out everything that was happening, various angles with cameras, and it wasn't an in your face plugging of products DVD.

A fair few stunning carp where caught, was brilliant to watch the big plated slip up and get hooked and landed, and learnt alot about bait application and how little bait you put into the lake can look like alot of bait on the lake bed, and also how carp act to new features on a spot, like the camera in this instance.

All in all, I really enjoyed both DVD's, you can't compare the two directly asnd say which one is better as they where both filmed for different reasons, to show us different things and presented to us in 2 different ways.

Both where brilliant and I believe they achieved everything they wanted to, and I would recommend both DVD's to anyone.

Ross.

I was praying for that box common to fall victim all the way through after seeing Adam Penning catch it in last years thinking tackle I wanted to see how fat it had gone since then.

I havnt got sky so havnt seen many think tackle programmes, but would be a stunning fish on the bank! Will have to see what underwater 8 brings!

I was praying for that box common to fall victim all the way through after seeing Adam Penning catch it in last years thinking tackle I wanted to see how fat it had gone since then.

I havnt got sky so havnt seen many think tackle programmes, but would be a stunning fish on the bank! Will have to see what underwater 8 brings!

I don't have sky either it was on youtube where i saw it.