helicopter rig help!

maoridave

ok where to start,fished a heli rig for the first time last month it was a fox outfit with all the components necesary,or so i thought,rig tubing,double beads,sleaves and quick change link to attach your hooklink.

Now after fiting this up and attaching my weight to the end of the mainline what is meant to stop the rig tubing from sliding up the line?

Surely its not meant to be like this or is it?

:? dave

Yeah think im with you on that one stoogi although think i sussed it kind of by accident just by playing around with things.Still pretty new to the carp stuff so excuse my ignorance,back course fishing last 5,6 years but carping is brand new to new just the last two seasons.

When i left fishing in the early 80,s i was still swingtipping!! :lol:

Yeah thanks for that tony obvious now :roll: ..plus i`d tied it using the wrong lead,a pear,using an inline now.Had a hommer simpson moment i think.

Why is using a pear lead wrong? It doesnt matter what lead you use cos its tied on the end of the leader. If you are using an inline lead in the normal manner then you are not using an helicopter rig.

i dont think he uses a rig on the end of his lead so its still set up helicopter style, it will still work with an inline lead its just using an inline lead will mean he has to tie his mainline to a swivel or kwik link, this way his line passes through it for attachments (maybe pva bags as stoogi said) it will still work allthough if it was me i would just use a lead with a swivel on as i have been taught.

If anyones still watching this thread i was struggling with the pear lead because when i pushed the rig tube into the sleave it was still runing free of the lead if you see what i mean?!!

Would this be because i was using a nash pear with fox bits or should that not matter?...Sorry to bang on about it :oops:

Still the inline way seems fine at the moment but if anyone can put me straight with the pear lead much appreciated.

Maori D

Well the inline was just like the other guys were saying with a quick link pushed in the bottom small pva on it rig tube, sleave, rubber beads,hook link and done.

Back to the pearlead im going to pop by tackle shop on way home ask someone to show me i just cant visualise it on-line,thanks for trying to put me straight tho.

If that dont work its back to swingtipping :lol:

If anyones still watching this thread i was struggling with the pear lead because when i pushed the rig tube into the sleave it was still runing free of the lead if you see what i mean?!!

Would this be because i was using a nash pear with fox bits or should that not matter?...Sorry to bang on about it :oops:

Still the inline way seems fine at the moment but if anyone can put me straight with the pear lead much appreciated.

Maori D

Just a hint mate,don't mix and match companies components unless your confident because you could end up creating an extremely dangerous rig. :wink: Plenty of reasonably priced complete kits.

Maori D

Just a hint mate,don't mix and match companies components unless your confident because you could end up creating an extremely dangerous rig. :wink: Plenty of reasonably priced complete kits.

i dont think it matters using leads with a different companies setup components, not every company sells there own leads. but as for other setup components like lead clips, rig beads and rig tubing i agree with what tony said. i use atomic leads and fox / korda/ esp components.

Thanks for all the advice chaps points taken plus a visit to local tackle shop i seem to have it all straight.Out for a half day session wednesday

so hope to put advice to good use.

Dental appointment down the lakes :lol::lol: [needs must as the devil drives]cant let this good weather go to waste.

cant let this good weather go to waste.

I dont know about you but the last couple of days the weather has been rubbish over Leicestershire. Yes i admit there has been a great west/south westerly wind but its been quite bright and the air pressure has been through the roof.

Not very conductive to good carp fishing.