Westbere Lake, Kent.

Guest keenook

Guest keenook

Just wondered if any one on here have fished it, I don't need to know about baits, rigs ect, just how you have done and is it still a nice place to spend some time?

Cheer''s!

Guest keenook

Yes Del it's an awesome pit, big sheet of water with some big un-caught lumps in there, and only about 5 miles from where we are moving to!

Guest keenook
Thats one of the waters i always intended to fish but never got round to it.

Hi Gary, I have fished it in the past, but well before I started Carp angling.

Guest keenook
To be honest it looked a little daunting to me i prefer smaller lakes but the rumours were great even back then

I know what you mean Gary, it's big, but I do not find that daunting, for sure it will take some hard work, but they are in there! The thing with this water is that I can do my own thing and not many anglers to compeate with, I love that as it is Me and the Carp, as it should be!

There are some awesome looking bays and features to explore, and explore I shalll, and if I can catch one or two fish in a season, then I will be happy, for each fish will be very special!

Yes Del, MKF.

Guest keenook
yeah ive heard it before, when fishing big venue's like that to try and cut the fishing down to certain bays depending on wind direction and so on.

Indeed Gary and more so because of the lack of pressure on the Carp, natural if you will, therefore the watercraft should be text book stuff! That and exploring areas may just get a result or two, real Carp angling that I love so much!

Guest keenook
Definetly a location, location, location water i can imagine that being paramount

Quiet so Gary, but as said, the Carp will act naturaly, text book stuff! The great thing for me is the unknown, even in 2012!

Just had a nosey at some shots of it now Kev....what a water..nice size too...not too small so plenty to keep you occupied with hunting them out..and uncaught too...its like the estate lakes I go for....backwaters...bays..reed fringes....jealous....and the right way to view it too...one or two fish out a year is worth every minute on the bank...real classic carping...very nicely done sir :wink::D

Guest keenook
Just had a nosey at some shots of it now Kev....what a water..nice size too...not too small so plenty to keep you occupied with hunting them out..and uncaught too...its like the estate lakes I go for....backwaters...bays..reed fringes....jealous....and the right way to view it too...one or two fish out a year is worth every minute on the bank...real classic carping...very nicely done sir :wink::D

I'm sure I can sort out a guessty for you :wink:

well Im not so rude as to refuse that kind of offer mate....will happily return the favour on one or two I fish..inc a very nice river system in portugal.....the sun is just about right at this time of year....makes the red wine go down far nicer...or a cold beer :wink:

Guest keenook
well Im not so rude as to refuse that kind of offer mate....will happily return the favour on one or two I fish..inc a very nice river system in portugal.....the sun is just about right at this time of year....makes the red wine go down far nicer...or a cold beer :wink:

Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh stop now, as I love both!!! Oh and the Carp! :wink:

Guest keenook

Yes, but as you know, I'm on a quest to catch an English Carp, and to me there are not many better, wild, big and un-known.................................................................................For now that is!

wont fault that....my problem is I need to buy another set up for over here to do exactly that....have my main tackle at what I class as home in central portugal....and then I come back to work to top the koffers up and miss out on it ...or at least cant fish to any degree I would love to...but a big unknown english fish.....hey...thats going to float my boat over any euro...wild or not :wink:

Guest keenook

And I'm a tackle tramp, as long as it does the job I'm happy, if you can afford all the gear, then go for it, but I can't, and make do, I have some very kind friends!

God bless!

And I'm a tackle Slag, as long as it does the job I'm happy, if you can afford all the gear, then go for it, but I can't, and make do, I have some very kind friends!

God bless!

...quite.....I need the tackle to do a job...not look nice whilst its sat inactive....and since having cancer I cant work at the level I used to...so funds are very limited.....besides...isnt it about the fish anyway??......cant quote that to many anymore :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest keenook
lovely stuff...sounds like my normal kind of water :wink::D

I will give it another month or so yet, as Im not ready yet, but gaging to drop a bait on a nice sandy spot in a deep margin....................But need a few things sorted first..................