Carp Waters Suffolk/Norfolk

Hello, I'm hoping you guys can help me out here.

My son is coming down for the summer for a month and was wondering where is a nice venue to go to?

I'm willing to travel a 45min radius from Lowestoft. I have tried fishing Burgh Castle Fishery & Taswood Fishery and are very good lakes. I'm looking for a water that isn't pressured unlike the two listed and especially BCF. I'm looking for a water that isn't pressured and with a bit of patience hopefully a rewarding venue. My son is down for a month and i want a place where bringing out 20lb+ is possible. I know its alot to ask round here :P Basically after a venue that fishes well for big carp within 45mins of lowestoft.

Please help me out guys thanks!

P.S.

i have been advised to go to the fisheries below:

Taswood Lakes

Burgh Castle Fishery

Waveney Valley Lakes

Airfield Lakes

Hi, just got back from Waveney valley and all I can say is that this venue is a great place to catch a twenty with the added bonus of catfish up to 50.

Yew tree lake is probly your best chance of catching with Marsh lake running a close second, take a look at there web site you wont be dissapointed. :o

I'd say Heartsmere, Marsh or Yew Tree on the Waveney complex. Burgh Castle is good for a few fish.

Airfield is probably the highest profile and advertised at the moment.

Thinking about it, Taverham Mills might also be worth a punt :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

how about pentney i just done 3 nights with my brother in law loads of fish about but were getting ready to spawn but did manage 6 fish between us with a 25lb grassie my biggest.Specimen lake threw out a couple of grassies but they spawned over the weekend so should be up for a munch.Best pegs on cabin lake is the bbq swim phone frank the new bailiff to book.Hotspots left hand side of island in lillies towards the back

big gravel/sand spot,right hand side of island nr fallen tree small gravel spot inbetween cabbages,left hand bank 2 silver birch trees sticking up from bank get as close to these as humanly possible if you use a baitboat let it touch the trees before you drop bait,left hand side of this spot some bullrushes on bank again get very close to these.Bait will be cell 30 to 40 baits on each spot and keep going in steadily throughout although i think any good bait will catch.specie lake have been told peg 4 is best and they love particles under the overhanging trees.give it a go lovely lake pretty surroundings